Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #1

Hi Folks,

I started off eager beaver in 1959 developing and mounting my own colour (or color depending where you were born) slides and a little black & white competition work. But due to moving around the world and work commitments I have basically settled down to not much more than a point and shoot guy with my later Pentax 35mm SLRs' with the nice and handy "Turn the knob to what sort of picture you want to take and I will sort out the best exposure etc for you".

I am now waiting for my K200D Kit to arrive in the next week and have been getting as much info on digital cameras that my predominately mechanical brain will take in. Google has been quite good, but it is possible to get answers to almost any question that go from one end of the spectrum to the other; then I found this forum which I hope will be my salvation for reliable knowledge. No pressure guys!

But honestly what I know about digitals you could probably write on the back of a postage stamp. My first dumb question is using my existing lenses on the new digital. I do know they will all fit and can be used but to what extent.
I have: smc FA 28mm; smc FA 80-320mm; and a smc F 35-135mm. Am I correct in assuming that the first two FA lenses will auto focus with the K200D, but the F 35-135mm may not work in the auto focus mode? The info on the net on this subject is extensive but very conflicting.

Best Regards

03-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why'd you post that in this suggestion thread?

Post moved.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forum. If your lenses are K mount they'll work on the camera straight out of the box. You may lose full functionality but Auto lenses should meter in A setting.
If you have any screwmount M42 lenses or want to get some, you need an adapter. There are two types, it's best to get the original Pentax one as with others you may not be able to focus to infinity.
Enjoy the forum.
03-10-2009, 05:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, and enjoy the forum!