Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
Forum Member

New guy, old time Pentax user

Howdy folks,

Been reading this forum for some time, mostly to figure out what I should buy to get up to speed in digital capture with Pentax cameras. Been using Pentax almost exclusively since the early 1970's. First one was a Honeywell Spotmatic w/screw thread mount with three lenses (50, 28, 100) that the USFS gave me to document backcountry conditions in the Gros Ventre mountains of Wyoming (now the Gros Ventre Wilderness), part of my duties as a backcountry ranger. When I started shooting as a pro (having gotten my kick start in the best way possible, from a guy named Jay Maisel), I naturally decided to buy Pentax, which I was familiar with and which offered the best bang for the buck. It's still the best bang for the buck, in my opinion.

Stayed with it ever since. Graduated to Pentax medium format (645 and 67) when I moved into stock photography full time in the mid-1990's. The only other system I have ever used was the Fuji GX617 panoramic camera, for stock panos.

Took a sabbatical from shooting for the last 5 years, while Pentax finally caught up to everyone else in digital capture with the K10D, and now the K20D, that will produce image files large enough and of enough quality to fulfill the needs of my primary stock photo agency.

Glad to be back shooting again.

If anyone is interested in what I shot in the past, they can see some of my stuff, along with a list of credits, at my website here: AGPix.com :: Aiuppy Photographs

Glad to be aboard. This forum has been very helpful to me. Hope I can contribute something worthwhile.

Larry Aiuppy (fliegenfischer)

03-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome, to the forum Larry, quite a catalogue and pedigree you have, nice to see a long time Pentax pro on the forum.
03-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to these forums Larry!
03-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum--best there is! And welcome back to Pentax--you're here to stay this time.

04-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome

Welcome Larry, I too am new to this forum. I'm impressed with your eye. It's nice to be associated with you.