Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2009, 01:35 AM   #1

Howdy...from New South Wales, via Texas

Hello, Everyone!

I was just recently sent a link to this site by a fellow camera buff and I'm absolutely delighted! It's great to see fellow Pentaxians (Is that the right term??? LOL) gathering to share information, experiences AND photos!!!

I recently (6 years ago) moved to Australia from Texas and I'm having a great time "discovering" and exploring the beauty of the country!

Cheers, Mates!
Rudy

03-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome Rudy, glad you found us.
03-26-2009, 02:53 AM   #3
Inactive Account

How the hell did you end up in the Colony?
03-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #4

Original Poster
Lithos, I was transported for thievery. I stole the heart of a young Aussie lass...but she couldn't come to Texas to live with me...so I moved to Oz to be with HER. Happily married and skipping down The Yellow Brick road, hand-in-hand, for 5+ years now. Ain't love grand???

We've done a fair bit of travelling around the country since my arrival, most of it by air to the larger cities (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Cairns, etc.) Recently we have begun to "show me" some of the surrounding countryside along the eastern coast and surrounds.

Australia is a BEAUTIFUL country and, needless to say, chock-a-block with photo ops.!

(How's my Aussie accent coming along?)

Cheers, Mate!
Rudy

03-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #5

Howdy, partner! I'm a new member also.
03-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rudy Fuentez Quote
Lithos, I was transported for thievery. I stole the heart of a young Aussie lass...but she couldn't come to Texas to live with me...so I moved to Oz to be with HER. Happily married and skipping down The Yellow Brick road, hand-in-hand, for 5+ years now. Ain't love grand???

We've done a fair bit of travelling around the country since my arrival, most of it by air to the larger cities (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Cairns, etc.) Recently we have begun to "show me" some of the surrounding countryside along the eastern coast and surrounds.

Australia is a BEAUTIFUL country and, needless to say, chock-a-block with photo ops.!

(How's my Aussie accent coming along?)

Cheers, Mate!
Rudy
Not bad. Hard to tell between most Aussie accents and American ones nowadays...but with Texan accents, it's easier .

Remember, though, pretty much everywhere on the coast is all the same, especially the big cities. You haven't really gotten to Aus until you've spent sometime west of the Great Divide (Perth doesn't count.)

Out in the sticks is where you need to go.

(What part of the coast are you on? Byron? Tweed? Bega? Newcastle? Nimbin?)