Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #1

Hello all

I've been using Pentax cameras since the 1990's when I bought a ZX-10 kit to take to South Africa's Kruger National Park with my wife. (Great experience with lots of nice photos)

In July '08 I bought a K10D with an 18-55 kit lens with the plan to utilize the other zoom lens I already had. (Pentax F 1:4.5-5.6 100-300mm).

With the APS-C format sensor, I have had to re-learn my lens selections and the need to keep the sensor clean. I bought a used Tamron 28-200 zoom only to find out that the short end of the zoom was not quite wide angle enough. Recently I added a Tamron LD AF 1:3.5-6.3 18-250mm Aspherical (IF) Macro zoom, which has been a very versatile lens. It is a great walk-around lens.

I'm now debating whether to add to my Pentax mount lens collection or re-think my camera system. [I'm finding that my local camera shop is not stocking Pentax consistently.]

04-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

dont let the fact that Nikon/Canon are easier to get be your only decision, I dont have a camera store near me (nearest store that carries Pentax is over 30 miles away) but that hasnt stopped me from getting a rather extensive selection of lens. Both from the marketplace here all of me lens with the exception of 1 are from other members here and from online sellers. welcome aboard by the way
04-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to our forum. If you hang out here long enough you are going to see why your choice in camera was a lot better than you thought. Local means to lenses is nice, but not so necessary anymore in this world. Anyways, there are so many lenses, with backwards Pentax compatibility, to fit your Pentax that narrowing down a choice is the chore--not finding the lens. Just visit here for a while and read until your heart is content:

Pentax SLR Lens Discussion - PentaxForums.com

Best!
04-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy your time with us!