Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2009, 07:48 AM   #1

Hello from Delaware

Just received my K20D last week and it hasn't left my side, even at work. I started out with a Pentax 15 years ago. Not an SLR, but was very happy. The day it broke I cried. We (my husband) took all the pictures from then on with his Super Program. Once we had extra money to spend I got the K100D, two years, and was able to my own shooting again.

Then, last month, my husband thought it was time to upgrade his system and didn't want to duplicate the Pentax system I had so he went with the NIkon 300D (the one thing we don't share is cameras). Well, I picked up the K20D and took (actually he let me have) all of his Pentax A lenses.

So now the competition begins.... game on!

04-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. We know who the smarter one is in your marriage.
04-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tagsurf, welcome!
04-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome. There are a lot of knowledgable people here and I'm sure I'll learn from all of you.

Tagsurf

04-04-2009, 02:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome. Enjoy the forum and good luck playing the "game"
04-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #6

My K20D arrives on Tuesday.

Delaware? Did you say Delaware. No one LIVES in Delaware, they just pass through it on I-95.

I'm in Delaware too. We should think about a meetup in New Castle to break in our new cameras! I'm still trying to get the perfect photo of Packet Alley. I get so overwhelmed by knowing Benjamin Franklin and a million other historical figures walked on the same cobblestones that I walk on. Then there is Catherine Bevan who was the only woman in the US to be hanged AND burned at the stake on New Castle green.

I fell asleep on the grass near the river and woke up to see this! A reproduction of the Kalmar Nyckel. Recently I was able to take an afternoon trip on it. Incredible experience.

You wouldn't happen to have a bicycle, would you? I'm sponsoring some "Elderberry Bike Rides" in the Newark area for laid-back photo-shooting bike rides.