Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2006, 05:13 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Having the same question asked over and over without doing a search is not so bad - in today's world we want to ask a question and get an immediate answer and even with the speed of a good search it might be quicker to ask a question. Besides, not everyone is familiar with the search function of the forum.

Everyday this forum is getting bussier and it is already getting a little difficult to keep up and the minute it becomes too "techie" is the minute I leave.

Welcome Asad and look forward to learning from you.

11-25-2006, 05:51 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For once the idea of sending flowers...

Hi Asad!

You know, normally sending flowers is a good idea, but I think yesterday the thought just wasn't, ahem, appreciated.

I know you've been here before now, but I hope to see more of you around here!! I can fully understand you not wanting to go through the steps it would probably take to get reinstated at DPR, if that would even work in this case.

Last edited by photo_mom; 11-25-2006 at 06:20 AM.
11-26-2006, 04:46 AM   #18

Nice to see you Asad

Gday mate,

Glad you made it on here. Dreadful business over "there" Looking forward to your posts and images over "here"

Cheers
Ben
11-26-2006, 06:26 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flash1100 Quote
Me thinks we are going to see a bit more of you over here ;-)

Hope you are enjoying your K10D, and can post some images.

cheers, Gordon
Hi Gordon, you're absolutely right about that! I already was starting to accelerate the posting here and then ban, so now I'm all here. :-)

My K10D isn't here yet... the wait is murder but what else can I do. Although as soon as I get it, I'll be posting an image each with all my lenses+K10D.

Cheers!
-Asad

11-26-2006, 06:29 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Nielsen Quote
Hi Asad,

Seems like old times here on this forum. At least I recognise the names

Hope you'll be happy here. Looking forward to your posts, as they were always informative 'somewhere else'.

Regards
Mike
Hello Mike, Thanks, yeah many recognizable faces here and in the last couple of days it seems there's been a migration of sorts.

Glad you found my posts informative, I'll continue that over here and maybe even contribute even better since the place itself is much more relaxed. :-)

Cheers!
-Asad
11-26-2006, 06:35 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Having the same question asked over and over without doing a search is not so bad - in today's world we want to ask a question and get an immediate answer and even with the speed of a good search it might be quicker to ask a question. Besides, not everyone is familiar with the search function of the forum.

Everyday this forum is getting bussier and it is already getting a little difficult to keep up and the minute it becomes too "techie" is the minute I leave.

Welcome Asad and look forward to learning from you.
You're right about the search, but here (I think) moderators can "pin" a popular topic of discussion and then it stays on top while the un-pinned topics go to page 2, 3... etc. And on Dpreview the search barely gave you any results so even if you knew what to look for, the tool wouldn't really comply. Especially if it was more than one word.

The forum literally turned into some busy "bazaar" after the K10D's arrival and not to mention the images vanished, just talk about this battery and that teleconverter.

Thanks JC, looking forward to posts here.

Cheers!
-Asad
11-26-2006, 06:44 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
Hi Asad!

You know, normally sending flowers is a good idea, but I think yesterday the thought just wasn't, ahem, appreciated.

I know you've been here before now, but I hope to see more of you around here!! I can fully understand you not wanting to go through the steps it would probably take to get reinstated at DPR, if that would even work in this case.
Hi Tracy!

Yeah, no kidding. I guess sarcastic humor doesn't always work.

It's funny, a few days before getting the boot, I felt I needed to spend more time here... 6th sense was telling me something. :-)

I'm done with DPreview, I love the old posters there such as you guys and the others but I don't really want to go back there. When the owner/admin of such a popular and big site can act like that, kind of kills the desire to go back there.

And who cares, just about all of the "gang" are here now anyway, nothing much to miss about dpreview anymore. Looking forward to posting regularly here!

Cheers!
-Asad

11-28-2006, 09:41 PM   #23
Forum Member

There's plenty of life away from Dpreview

Howdy Asad,
thought I'd give you a hoy. Hope all is well & be wary of Webmasters with sensitive egos :->
cheers
Stomie
11-28-2006, 10:13 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I am sure you aren't the first to ask the same question. I have already be fed answers to previous questions. Welcome aboard. Look forward to your posts and threads.
11-29-2006, 07:51 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Hi asad,

Read about the little incident in some other forum, a big welcome from me anyway...

It is so nice to have all of you experienced people around, yep in my world you are one of them.
11-30-2006, 02:12 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stomie Quote
Howdy Asad,
thought I'd give you a hoy. Hope all is well & be wary of Webmasters with sensitive egos :->
cheers
Stomie
Hi Stomie!

All is well, a bit busy here but do find time to glance over the forum every day and make some posts, like now. Thanks for the Ahoy, the same to you!

Cheers!
-Asad
11-30-2006, 02:14 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clarenceclose Quote
I am sure you aren't the first to ask the same question. I have already be fed answers to previous questions. Welcome aboard. Look forward to your posts and threads.
Thanks Clarence!

Well stickies help, the important topics can be pinned up, I find it a very valuable feature on forums.

Looking forward to continue posting here! Already like the place. :-)

Cheers!
-Asad
11-30-2006, 02:17 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Duplo Quote
Hi asad,

Read about the little incident in some other forum, a big welcome from me anyway...

It is so nice to have all of you experienced people around, yep in my world you are one of them.
Hi Thomas!

Thanks for the compliment and welcome. I'll start posting more frequently when I get more time to do so and also get my K10D, the wait is murder, but it'll be here one of these days!

Cheers!
-Asad