Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2006, 01:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Well...

I is here too. Seems like a nice place, at least I can edit my posts! Topics can also be pinned, I hope so, questions won't get asked a million times, unlike on a certain other forum.

Not to mention all the familiar faces. :-D

Cheers everyone!
-Asad

10-28-2006, 01:52 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Asad,
Always good to see old faces, I'm glad to welcome you to the fourm. Even though the forum is new there are some of the other members here and finding it a great place to enjoy what we do best. I'm sure as time goes on and more members join we will see some of the same Questions being asked but at least here the threads are broken down into diffrent types of questions and catagories.

I can't wait to see you start posting some of your well known shots and reading some of the tek stuff you post on dPreview. (we're not affraid to say those words here ) You'll find our Admin and staff really great and helpful. (here you can contact them and interact with the ones that have spent so much time on making this forum so good.)

Good to see your here.
Good Shooting.
Cheers: David

Last edited by Photo Tramp; 10-28-2006 at 01:54 AM. Reason: spelling of course
10-28-2006, 03:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi Asad,
It gets a little insane of late, on the other forum, much calmer and laid back on here, and yeah, the same questions don't get asked 20 times. No offence intended to anyone. Oh and welcome aboard.
Cheers.
10-28-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Hi Asad,
Always good to see old faces, I'm glad to welcome you to the fourm. Even though the forum is new there are some of the other members here and finding it a great place to enjoy what we do best. I'm sure as time goes on and more members join we will see some of the same Questions being asked but at least here the threads are broken down into diffrent types of questions and catagories.

I can't wait to see you start posting some of your well known shots and reading some of the tek stuff you post on dPreview. (we're not affraid to say those words here ) You'll find our Admin and staff really great and helpful. (here you can contact them and interact with the ones that have spent so much time on making this forum so good.)

Good to see your here.
Good Shooting.
Thanks for the nice welcome, David. I also think that this is a better forum for showing work, since the thread won't vanish so soon. I look forward to posting here.

It's great to have real human beings for Admins and Mods rather than "someone" that just deletes threads without explanation.

Cheers!
-Asad

10-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Scott Rylance Quote
Hi Asad,
It gets a little insane of late, on the other forum, much calmer and laid back on here, and yeah, the same questions don't get asked 20 times. No offence intended to anyone. Oh and welcome aboard.
Cheers.
Hi Scott!

Insane is the word, yeah. The biggest reason for that is no way to pin threads, for example, we could really have used a pinned "DS vs DL" thread for the last 2 years. Not to mention lens comparisons and other frequently queried stuff.

Enough talk of the other place, feels good to be onboard here, thanks!

Cheers!
-Asad
10-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Also...

I will properly introduce myself for those that don't know me, not everyone goes to DPreview. :-)

My name is Asad and I live in Vancouver, Canada. 26 is my age and I am a student sometimes but these days I'm mostly doing Photography related work here and there to gain experience and see if this can be a good way to make a living; testing the waters.

Here's a link to my gallery on photo.net. It's gotten big and cluttered, but I'm not going to try and fix it, instead I'm working on a dedicated site for my work. Photo.net gallery.

My LBA is very advanced, actually I embrace it rather than try to cure it. Here's what I have:

QuoteQuote:
----- Camera bodies -----
Pentax K10D [on pre-order]
Pentax K100D
Pentax *ist DS
Pentax MX
Pentax Spotmatic SP

----- Pentax K-mount Prime lenses -----
smc PENTAX-FA 31mm f/1.8
smc PENTAX-M 50mm f/1.7
smc PENTAX-FA 50mm f/1.4
smc PENTAX-FA 77mm f/1.8

----- Third-party K-mount Prime lenses -----
Voigtländer 75mm f/2.5 SL Color-Heliar
Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 1:1 Macro

----- Pentax K-mount Zoom lenses -----
smc PENTAX-DA 16-45 f/4
smc PENTAX-DA 50-200 f/4-5.6

----- Third-party K-mount Zoom lenses -----
Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG

----- M42 (Screwmount) lenses -----
Optomax 35mm f/2.8
Pentax Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4
Jupiter-9 85mm f/2.0
Tamron-F 200mm f/3.5

----- Flashes -----
Pentax AF-540 FGZ P-TTL Flash
I'm not a collector though, if I am not using something, it just gets unloaded onto eBay or gets sold to someone I know.

Looking forward to posting here.

Cheers!
-Asad
10-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome Asad...

Good to see more dpreview defectors making it here.. LOL

I read both still, but its much eassier to see whats new here, dpreview I miss lots of threads, because duplicate threads keep pushing down new/interesting threads..

Plus of late I have noticed a few rude people from other dpreview forums coming across to the pentax section :-/

10-31-2006, 04:24 PM   #8

hello from an apostate!

QuoteOriginally posted by Asad_Masede Quote
I is here too. Seems like a nice place, at least I can edit my posts! Topics can also be pinned, I hope so, questions won't get asked a million times, unlike on a certain other forum.

-Asad

oh, hello! think we met before in those other forums.
;-)

don't know what happened a few days ago, but those guys "banned" me from their forum without warning, notice or anything... i probably comitted the henious crime of posting a link to a german auction of an a50/1.7 lens - something happening there every 2 minutes.... it may have also been me saying in the same thread that i owned 2 of these lenses and promptly received a buy-offer making me a salesman... i have no idea... been member of the said forum since spring 2004... kind of sad to be kicked out like this like an empty beer can. OTOH, life is too short to hang around uncomfortable places like the sa(i)d one...

my last major posting thing was about the tamron LD Di 70-300 (link: Tamron 70-300 LD Di - first mandatory pics: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review)
i hope i don't get banned here for posting this...

cheerio! cheerio to ALL of you!

stern from vienna, austria

Cheers everyone!
10-31-2006, 04:26 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!

You're surely not getting banned here, but if you want to sell your photo equipment, drop by the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-31-2006, 04:46 PM   #10

Hi!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Welcome!

You're surely not getting banned here, but if you want to sell your photo equipment, drop by the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum.
thanks for the warm and reassuring welcome! and i'm certainly not selling my equipment.
;-)

in fact, i spent an hour today at our viennese customs office on vienna's outskirts (just in case: bus number 70A) just to retrieve my new zenitar that arrived from moscow a week ago. customs staff are just too smart to let a "gift" get away for free nowadays... i'll post first zenitar pics as soon as i find how to post (can't take too long...)!
10-31-2006, 06:55 PM   #11
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by stern Quote
oh, hello! think we met before in those other forums.
;-)

don't know what happened a few days ago, but those guys "banned" me from their forum without warning, notice or anything... i probably comitted the henious crime of posting a link to a german auction of an a50/1.7 lens - something happening there every 2 minutes.... it may have also been me saying in the same thread that i owned 2 of these lenses and promptly received a buy-offer making me a salesman... i have no idea... been member of the said forum since spring 2004... kind of sad to be kicked out like this like an empty beer can. OTOH, life is too short to hang around uncomfortable places like the sa(i)d one...

my last major posting thing was about the tamron LD Di 70-300 (link: Tamron 70-300 LD Di - first mandatory pics: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review)
i hope i don't get banned here for posting this...

cheerio! cheerio to ALL of you!

stern from vienna, austria

Cheers everyone!
Hi Stern,
Glad to see you made the right decision to move here. we can always use the quality members, and I'm sure you will find this just as friendly a forum as the other. here you will also find the Admin and Mods are really down to earth people and take pride in the service they deliver. I know all the members here feel the same way. We may be small but if Phill keeps up his banning crap and people up there realise we also have a great forum we will see many more faces.

Good Shooting.
11-01-2006, 05:58 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Asad and Stern welcome, you will find this a great fun place. I look forward to seeing more of your work here. Enjoy
11-03-2006, 08:42 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi!

Thanks Joele and vietrick (Pat) and welcome Stern! Yeah, it's strange how that place is run.

Cheers!
-Asad
11-25-2006, 03:13 AM   #14
Forum Member

Hey There Asad

QuoteOriginally posted by Asad_Masede Quote

Cheers everyone!
-Asad
Me thinks we are going to see a bit more of you over here ;-)

Hope you are enjoying your K10D, and can post some images.

cheers, Gordon
11-25-2006, 03:52 AM   #15

Hi Asad,

Seems like old times here on this forum. At least I recognise the names

Hope you'll be happy here. Looking forward to your posts, as they were always informative 'somewhere else'.

Regards
Mike