Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
Site Supporter

New pentaxian in Toronto

Hi there,

I have just bought my first Pentax kit (K20D, Da 35, FA 77).

I have been shooting film on canon manual focus bodies (FD) and like their good prime lenses (e.g. 50mm 1.2, macro 50mm 3.5, 20mm 2.8, 135mm 2.5). Started with canon because I happened to buy a friend's brand new camera when I was a teenager (his dad let him switch to Nikon if he first sold his Canon FtB system - sounds familiar :-) ?). Last few years I have also used a compact digital camera. When I was finally ready to take the plunge to a DSLR I bought first (I know it's backward) the lens I thought I was going to use for one of my big interests: macro, and then a 2nd hand canon 40D to go with it. Right after this I became aware for the first time of what Pentax has to offer and immediately recognized my wishes / preferences for a DSLR system in it.

Reading here, reading some of the reviews at The Online Photographer (including the link to the excellent review of the DA 35) and elsewhere, and holding a K20D in my hands won me over.

I had also not warmed up to the canon 40D, fine as it is. Sold my canon equipment locally for the same prices I had bought it for, and then was ready for the pentaxism. Bought the pentax system yesterday, love the look and feel of the body and the lenses, and think I will be very happy with this line.

Spring is finally in the air here in Toronto, and this long weekend I will start to shoot a little.

Looking forward to be in touch with what seems like a nice group of people who care about photography.

Cheers,
Lubo

04-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, Lubo!!! Glad to have you aboard! Enjoy your new Pentax equipment, and enjoy the Forum!
04-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

join the toronto group in my sig, we do meetups every few months
04-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lubo, welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy this forum.

04-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi,
Yes I will. Don Kittle just emailed me about it and I'm looking forward to participate.

Lubo
04-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to the family, Lubo. A great kit you have, look forward to seeing some of your photos. Enjoy
04-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you

Thank you to all of you.

We've had a lot of brilliant sunlight in Toronto over this long weekend and walking around with my new equipment has been great... I really love the camera and the two lenses.