Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Greetings from Southern Maryland!

Hey all!

I'd like to take a moment to say hello to everyone. I'm Erik, I'm 26 years old and I live in Waldorf, MD, which is just a hop and skip from Washington, DC.

My journey into photography began as a kid. Even as a little guy I loved taking pictures. I played with cameras and was always on camera duty during family vacations. I played with all kinds of point-and-shoot cameras...but my favorite camera was always Dad's Pentax ME Super. He used that to capture my baby photos.

My flirtation with serious photography is fairly recent. A trip to Texas for a game convention prompted me to finally get a "good" camera after years of point-and-shoots and digital compacts, so I got a good camera. I got a Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD, which really is a good camera, and it prompted me to start taking photos. Then I found a K1000 on ebay...and that hooked me back on Pentax cameras and I decided to make a serious go of photography.

I currently have a small collection of cameras. My SLR kit includes a K10D with 18-55 lens, a K1000 with 50mm lens, and 2 zoom lenses; a 28-80 Pentax AF and a 70-300 Sigma DG. I also got some macro, UV, and polarizer filters, a basic flashgun, and some other odds and ends like a cleaning kit.

In addition to the SLR Kit, I have a Pentax IQ Zoom 60 and a Pentax Auto 110 with 3 lenses, flash and winding motor. My non-Pentax cameras include a Point and Shoot HP Photosmart 3.2MP digital, the Fuji, 2 Kodak 110 cameras: A Star 110 and Instamatic 20, and a couple web/digital still cams and other odds and ends.

Besides photography, I am a lifelong gearhead, board/card/rpg gamer, computer geek and general builder/tinkerer. My other site of interest is Boardgamegeek.com where you can find me as Unixrevolution.

I'm very excited to find a Pentax photography forum that's not only well organized, but from what i've seen thus far, very friendly. I look forward to chatting with all of you.

04-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy yourself here.
04-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Erik,
Welcome aboard. I think you will find the forums a great place to learn and share.
04-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Hey Erik, welcome to this forum! I hope you enjoy your stay.

04-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Hey Erik,
Welcome from recently sprawling Harford County (I gotta get outta here)