Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from Iceland!

Hello all,
I'm Tony and i live in the beautiful country of Iceland (i.e. a town called Akureyri in northern Iceland)
My name is actually Anton, and I'm a 21 year old student at the local Comprehensive collage of Akureyri where I study Arts and design.
I've always liked taking photos even as a child but didn't get into photography until 2007 when i took a course in school and that really lit the fire and even, as I like to say, gave me a whole new spectrum and ideas in a totally new medium.
I started out in film in that course and was quick to get the hang of every little detail on all the procedures and technique and spent hours on end in the darkroom at my school.
In the Arts division of my school i have the opportunity to have access to a Pentax k10d, with the kit lens, to borrow (sometimes even over weekends) and i studied all the manual and fiddled with that nifty and spectacular camera until i knew almost every litle thing about it and how to do almost anything with it, so even the teachers at school come to me when there is help needed with it in some way.
I have yet to buy my own dslr but i do have a C***n film slr that i use as much as possible.
I have my eyes set on k20d for the camera of choice and a Da* 16-50 and 50-135mm to go with it.. .. ..when money comes
I'm very glad i found a dedicated forum for pentax enthusiasts like myself and have been lurking around here for a while soaking up information like a sponge and learning alot!
thanks alot you guys!
-Anton

04-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums.

You have some particular skill with film. Some of those effect shots are stunning. I also enjoy the scenic shots, some beautiful landscape in Iceland. I'm wow'ed over bautinn lightshow. Impressive.
04-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you nice to know someone likes my shots
04-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I enjoyed your shots too! I enjoyed the landscape shots a lot. Thanks for sharing! Susan

04-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #5

Welcome. As a newbie here, I am a self appointed usher. Let me show you around the forums.

Remember to keep your wallet tight when looking in the market place. Most beginners like me ask silly questions just be patient with us. And mostly dont forget to log out when you are done.

Have fun here. ....
04-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #6

Original Poster
thank you very much.. tough I will assure you prinze18 my wallet hasn't got much to keep and currently only holds on to a near-empty debit-card some lint, a drivers license a few discount cards and a students-club card, :s
and now that i have published the contents of my wallet i don't know what to do..
and thank you Susan, I'm glad you can enjoy my pictures
04-17-2009, 12:11 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Anton, nice set of photos for sure. Your choice for the K20 and the two lenses is great....and not cheap......
04-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #8

Original Poster
Haha.. thanks Rense, and I know, I'm a bit of a freak for this though and stubborn. and imagine I live in Iceland, with the economic crisis and all the dollar and euro and all the other currencies being so high and shipping over the Atlantic, it for sure isn't cheap! but as I say.. I'm stubborn and maybe a bit ill for Pentax.. hehe.. it becomes a disease of sorts I think.. some call it LBA other just gadget addiction... wow.. the freaks we are huh? ..

04-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #9

I just wanted to be part of the warm gathering of welcomes.

P.S I live in Sweden. I know we have a very talented guy from Greenland here. I wonder if there is any more from Iceland?
04-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #10

Original Poster
Sweeden is a Sweeeet country though I've never visited it in practice but know a lot who have and have relations there and great to know of at least a few of us here in scandinavia and northern-Atlantic.. heh..
I know that there are some Pentax users here in Iceland but not many as Canon and Nikon are dominant of the market here sadly, but we have a nice branch reception for Pentax in the capital city of Reykjavik. thanks for the Welcoming messages
.. ..
shouldn't it be pretty easy to attend the online market here since there isn't many Pentaxians around here in Iceland and therefor hard to shop for used accessories and lenses, for instance?