Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Another newbee from Missouri

Hello everyone! I am new to photography although I did try it once years and years ago. Three years ago I took my first vacation and wanted to capture what I saw. My very first vacation was to Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, Custer's Last Stand, Big Horn Mountains, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and back home. We traveled over 4,000 miles by car. My camera on this trip was a Sony Camcorder. The following year a Sony Point and Shoot and the Camcorder and on to Glacier National Park and 5,000 miles round trip by car. The pictures were very good and in some cases great but I wanted more and so my friend and I joined a class and I was on my road to cameras, lenses, and trips. Third year was a Caribbean Cruise. Fantastic pictures and sunsets and o my gosh all that food. This past winter we have been to the Smokey Mountains and the Memphis Zoo. I posted a pix on the gallery titled “Eye of the Cat”. Next trip, back to the Smokey’s this May and then to Colorado in July. I use Pentax cameras K10 and K20. Several Pentax lenses and Sigma lenses as well. I have gotten into Photoshop CS4 and love what I can do to post processing. I am not into the exotic stuff just raw adjustments, and layers and masks for sharpness and contrast. I enjoy the magnificent pictures people from around the world take and post for everyone’s viewing pleasure.

04-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #2
Pentaxian

It sounds like you're off to a great start. Welcome to the forum.
04-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to this forum, enjoy!
04-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Gilbe49! I'm just north of you in Scott City.

04-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! You were quite close to me in Glacier. When you were at the top of the Going to the Sun Road, follow the divide thirty miles past the Canada-USA border and you are at my home!
04-23-2009, 04:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

! more Missourian in the fold, great !!! Welcome...