Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #1

Hello from Philadelphia...

...Philadelphia suburbs to be exact, but that's nitpicking. Anyway, my name is Chris, and though I've been browsing the forums for about a month now, I certainly still consider myself "new" to the boards.

I received a Pentax ist DL for Christmas - my first DSLR - and I love it. It's exciting, frustrating, fulfilling, and a million other words that I won't list. Hopefully though, they'll show up in my photography.

I am a complete novice when it comes to photography, so please allow this little boy to sit at the table with the adults, if for no other reason to learn and improve.

Most of my shots are of my 1 year old daughter and my dog, but I'm geting out there and trying to shoot some other stuff too. When I get more confident one day I might even share them with everyone!

Anyway, I'm done rambling. Off to hopefully take some more shots, although today it's pouring.

04-15-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Hello! I've been to Philadelphia and it's also one of my favourite 'spreadable' cheeses :-)
04-15-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey there, Goose! Welcome to the forums! Don't be shy - there's a great supportive crowd here! Hope to see some pictures soon!
04-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Hi Cris and welcome to the forum. I'm glad to see more people in the North East are getting involved with Pentax and also this forum. There are a few of us that get together a few times a year and do some really nice Day trips and Photo shoots You have about 5 others around you close that you could get together with at any time. Carpenters is in West Chester and I'm in Lancaster and there are two others I can't think of their handles right off the bat, but if your interested it is always nice to meet other members and to shoot with them.

04-16-2007, 06:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Chris. I don't have any kids, so most of my pictures are of my dog, cat, birds, or backyard critters. I try to take my camera with me when I can, but I never seem to see anything to snap a shot of (unless I DON'T have the camera with me!!!!).

You'll find a lot of friendly people here that will share their experience and answer lots of questions. You can always do a search to see if the question has been asked & answered to save some time.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Carol