Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #1

Hello from Ontario, Canada

I guess it'd be rude not to introduce myself, since I've posted a few times already....

I've been using Pentax equipment since High school (I won't say how long ago that was...) when I was issued a K1000 and 20 rolls of Ilford and told to get some yearbook photos... Managed to figure out how to get the meter needle centred without knowing why, the pictures turned out OK (the 50mm f1.2 probably deserves most of the credit), and I was off...

I've shot weddings as a friend and amateur (and while my friends were happy with the results, I'm definitely not pro material yet...) and really enjoy outdoors, nature, wildlife, landscape etc...

Went through a dozen or so cameras (all but one of them were Pentax) since then, and finally made the plunge and bought a K10D. I just wish I'd kept some of that old glass, but the old kits usually were sold to finance the new ones...

As soon as I get some shots I'm not too embarrassed by, I'll post them...

Jamie

04-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Haha another Ontario Pentaxian eh? Welcome to the forum!

Hey don't be shy, lets see some of your photos! Remember every photo has a purpose. Some help you improve on others. Some you can show to your friends and say "This is what I saw that night!".
04-18-2007, 08:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Jamie. Don't be embarassed, post away. They can't be any worse than mine!

Carol
04-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Welcome to the forum Jaime! Look forward to seeing your photos.

LK

04-25-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Jamie!

From another Ontarian

Al
04-25-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello and welcome!
great to have another fellow canadian onboard...

where abouts in ontario?

near georgian bay, here.

looking forward to your input,

cheers

randy