Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2007, 03:23 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from Ontario, Canada.

Like others before me I have been lurking on this forum for a while and have started posting so thought it best to give a formal "hello".

My Dad was a cop but also had an interest in photography so I caught the bug from him. I was about 13 when a co-worker of his asked if I wanted to spend the day with him developing pictures. I had no idea what that meant but said 'Sure!'. He patiently took me through all the steps of how to take, develop and print pictures. I really enjoyed the day and while I was in 'information overload mode' he still managed to demystify the whole process for me. There was no turning back - I was hooked!

Over the years I have been relatively faithful to Pentax with only a few brief but forgetable affairs with an Olympus and a Canon. I still have the trusty ME Super I bought new many years ago and now enjoy playing with my *ist DS. I recently bought the Fisheye lens but have done little with it. Sadly, I am uninspired by winter and am craving for some warm weather and interesting things to photograph outdoors.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you in the forum.

Last edited by J.Scott; 04-18-2007 at 03:24 AM. Reason: grammar
04-18-2007, 05:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard. Spring will be here soon. So the calendar says.
04-18-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum! I always wanted to learn to develop photos, but never got the opportunity. Now with digital I don't really have the need, although I do still go back to the trusty K1000 from time to time.

Here's to getting some inspiration (and some warm weather!)

Carol
04-18-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Welcome! Look forward to seeing some photos from you.

LK

04-18-2007, 10:15 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Sadly, I am uninspired by winter and am craving for some warm weather and interesting things to photograph outdoors.
Thanks for reading and I'll see you in the forum.
Hello and Welcome J.Scott
I understand how you are uninspired by winter just as I am by the summer heat in Arizona. I was told once that even if you feel that way, always remember. There are people here from all over the world. Your pictures maybe the first time for others see what it's like in your part of the world and it is very Inspiring for them. as it will be for me, hope to see some of your pictures soon.
Later
04-19-2007, 03:15 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/5979-travel-inspirations.html

You want pictures? Here are a few. I hope you like them.