Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #1

finally gone digital with a k10D

I learned to shoot on a Minolta SRT-101. I picked up a Nikon F2 and a few other early 80s bodies just after college. I caught the Medium format vintage bug for a while, Minolta Autocord (TLR) and various german folders.

About a year ago the local dip and dunk lab I used for film processing went the way of the dodo, and I since then I wasn't shooting that much.

I looked at Nikon and Canon. Then I bit the bullet and picked up a K10D. The body based anti shake made lots of sense. I then found a small pile of Super Takumars used locally. I haven't mounted the DA zooms in the last couple of weeks since I got them.

Now all I need to figure out what to do about a split image focus screen, but that's another post for another forum.

05-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome!

While I've got a couple of the older K-mount lenses, I'm not as much into the older lenses as some other people around here, but I do know that many of those people have installed a Katz-Eye focusing screen (Pentax DSLRs - Katz Eye Optics) into their DSLRs.

HTH,
Heather
05-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Phooka, welcome on these forums!
05-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just do a site search on "split screen" and or "focusing screen" and you will have eighteen zillion threads by my count. LOL. Welcome to the forums.