Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
"Hei" from Norway

Thought it was about time to introduce myself.

23 year old IT student (comp. sci. bachelor) from Norway.

I used to be a lurker and sometimes even a poster over at 'the other site', however I started lurking on this forum instead a while a go. People just seems more friendly over here

Can't say I've been a long time Pentax user, and actually considered getting a 400D or D50/D80, until I saw an ad for the K10D (after which I no longer had a doubt what to get )

I've been shooting with this wonderful piece of equipment for a few months now, and it's clear that the limiting factor is behind the view finder, not in front of it

Anyhow. Here's a pic I did this morning, taken a kilometer from where I live:

Last edited by kskjon; 04-18-2007 at 02:07 PM.
04-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome Kjetil.
You will find the people here very friendly and helpful. You live in a beautiful part of the world and I am looking forward to see more of your photos. Over 20 years ago I spent some time diving in your area. Great place.

Cheers

Eddie
04-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #3
Forum Member

Welcome here Kjetil

Nice shot, Norway is a beautiful country. my parents been there a few times.

Have fun with your K10D
04-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Welcome Kjetil!

How do I pronounce your name? That's a nice shot. The place looks so tranquil.

LK

04-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello,

I spent 3 days in Norway in the 80s and had a wonderful time. Our home is full of photos by my wife, but only a few on mine are worthy of framing. Two of those are of your beautiful country taken with a 35mm P&S. One is taken when the train stopped between Oslo and Bergin. It was the end of June and there is snow throughout the valley. The other photo is dark cloudy fiord with a small boat in the foreground. Sort of like your photo without the mountains.
04-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #6

Hello and Welcome
Very nice picture
Thanks for sharing
04-19-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. I really enjoyed the picture, I like the light reflecting on the water and the way the mountains merge into the clouds.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Carol
04-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xfraser Quote
Welcome to the forum. I really enjoyed the picture, I like the light reflecting on the water and the way the mountains merge into the clouds.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Carol
Thanks alot! really appreciate the feedback!

I was on my way to school when I saw how the clouds were forming, so I immediately found a place to stop, and pulled out my camera (There is a reason I always keep my camera in the car during the day )

05-13-2007, 07:11 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Hei Kjetil

Ei kjapp, lita helsing frå ein nordmann i utlendigheit på Filippinene!
Bildet tyder på at du er ikkje så langt frå der eg kjem frå....?
Eg bor omlag 20 km frå Cebu City, -skriv nokre ord, om du vil, og send det til denne e-post adressa.
micawber@start.no

For the rest of the esteemed members of the forum, this was today's lesson in Norwegian....
I just told Kjetil, the photo indicates he's home isn't very far from where I come from.
And I welcomed him to write me an e-mail at the mentioned address. Which, by the way, anyone of you are welcome to do....!
05-13-2007, 09:16 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hello and welcome!
what a nice photo and place
Norway has been one of my places to visit before I die... met a girl online that lived in Oslo, orginally from northern Norway (she was 50% native)
She was telling me about these Berries that grew in the North (the closest english was Krakberries) and said that scientist were testing them for anti-cancer properties.
I would love to take my fly rod and fish in Norway

cheers and looking forward to some more of your K10 photos

randy
05-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #11

Hi,

Ville bara önska dig välkommen. Det här är ett vänligt ställe och ett av de bättre fotoforumen på nätet. Det finns några skandinaver här redan.