Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from Deltona, Florida!

Hey guys, My name is Steve. I'm kinda new to the Pentax Forums, but have been on many forums over the past 11 years or so. All under the same screen name so I'm easily googled.

I love the site, I have learned so much, met some pretty cool people, and bought and sold a few things already because of it.

To show my gratitude, I definitely donated because the amount of information and experience found here is invaluable from what I've seen already.

As for my photography background, it's not really interesting. I got into photography in high school, to aid my graphic design aspirations. I had such a blast, using my girlfriend's (at the time) step-dad's equipment. He had a ton of Pentax gear, Macro bellows, and 30 years or so of his hobby just collecting dust.

When I brought in the K1000 and bag full of primes, my teacher's face lit up.

I got to use it for about 3 months, before we broke up, and I had to give it all back. Sucked!

After that, photography beyond P&S digital was all I could afford for awhile, with college and stuff.

But we all grow up and get to go back and do what we wish we could have. So I'm already afflicted with LBA and CBA as I went from an *ist-DS, to a K20D, and now grabbing a K10D as my backup.

I'm lucky I have a ton of supportive friends who are letting me use them as guinea pigs as I transition from nature to portrait work.

Honestly, I spend every minute I have to spare on reading up on techniques and such. I'll try to keep silly questions to a minimum as I'm huge on researching before I ask.

So, if you get random PM's from me, it's probably because I read something you had in a thread, and figured I'd go straight to the source.

Oh well, take care.

05-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome Steve. Great introduction. Enjoy the forum & your photography
05-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the friendliest forums on the planet! At least they have seemed that way to me.
05-10-2009, 01:27 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
lol awesome. Thanks guys.

05-10-2009, 01:52 AM   #5
Damn Brit

Welcome Steve, it's nice to read peoples personal experiences with photography. Thanks for sharing.
05-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Steve, nice story! Welcome.
05-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks Brit and Rense.

I'm anxiously awaiting my 16-45mm to get here on Thursday.

I finally found the feature on the K20D that lets you use lenses that don't have the A on the aperture ring. Ah I was freaking out for a second thinking I was the only guy to have a bunch of primes which didn't work on the K20D.

Needless to say my poor dog stared at me like I was a maniac, taking these up close macros of his eyes. lol.