Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2007, 02:09 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Hello from the polarbear country ;D

Hi, i'm Steffen, 18Y/O from Bergen in Norway (the country where polarbears roam our streets, just kidding ;D). I work offshore, so i take my camera at almost every trip, where i try to get some "intense sea/weather pictures, but it is really hard since the boat is moving all the time. I basically bring it wherever i go, i'm not so afraid for the camera that i end up leaving it home (i know alot of people do this...)

My way in to pentax-es; Well i have been snowboarding for about 8 years now(I bought a snowboard for my 10th birthday), and wanted to take pictures out in the snow, which means that it is crucial that my camera is weather-proof, since i'd like to be able to take pictures even if it is snowing. I looked upon the K10D, and asked my mom's aunt for advice (she is almost 80 Y/O now, and have been owning a photo-shop together with her husband for 40 years, and been working as a small-scale photographer for even longer..). After seeing the sample-images, specc's etc she adviced me to buy THAT cam(we also checked other cams as the 400D, D200 etc), if i wanted to start with photography, which i now have done (She's had a BUNCH of pentax-es up through the time, so i think she's kind of a pentax-fan, sadly she would never have managed to come posting here haha )
I bought the pentax k10d with the 18-55 kit lens, and after a while i bought a schneider kreuznach SA D-XENON 1:4.0-5.6 50-200mm, The following images have been taken with: Pic1: 18-55, pic2: 18-55, pic3: 50-200

Name:  Road_stvng.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  114.6 KB

Name:  watersplat_lq.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  224.3 KB

Name:  aastveit_vannskog.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  130.7 KB
Yours Steffen

Last edited by libbe; 04-20-2007 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Fixed typo's ;/
04-20-2007, 03:56 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hello, and welcome! (from a fellow Norwegian)

You've got some good pictures there.
04-20-2007, 06:14 AM   #3

Nice photos

I find the first one to be more interesting than the others which are nice too . The K10D is a great camera and you'll love it (if you don't already...). Although I live far from Norway I would love to visit there some day but for now will be happy to just see photos from there. I just picked up snowboarding this year. Painful but I loved it (after the first day I bought whatever protective gear they offered- helmet, butt, wrists, knees...)
04-20-2007, 07:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I really like the second picture. Sounds like you have a very valuable source of information in your Mom's aunt. I think she would be really interesting to talk to.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Carol