Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Maryland

I am the proud owner of two K1000s, a few lenses and a Spotmeter V. I have been dabbling in photography for 25+ years now and most of my equipment is vintage early 80s. I do some large format (4x5) photography also.

I am going to be receiving a *ist D on, or about, Wednesday the 20th. I know it is old but it is what I can afford right now. It will be my first digital SLR and I'm really looking forward to it. Don't know why I didn't think of getting a used camera body years ago!

05-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forum Ron, hope you enjoy it here. I'm sure the * ist D will be a good transitional camera from film to digital for you.
05-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Ron,
Welcome to the forum, there's a few others from MD here as well.
05-17-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome Ron and a great choice of camera to enter DSLR land with. Many people in our forum have in-depth knowledge of the IST cameras--pick their brains and learn. The learning curve with DSLRS is steep, particularly if you frequent this awesome forum. Best!

05-18-2009, 04:02 AM   #5
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K1000_Ron Quote
I am the proud owner of two K1000s, a few lenses and a Spotmeter V. I have been dabbling in photography for 25+ years now and most of my equipment is vintage early 80s. I do some large format (4x5) photography also.

I am going to be receiving a *ist D on, or about, Wednesday the 20th. I know it is old but it is what I can afford right now. It will be my first digital SLR and I'm really looking forward to it. Don't know why I didn't think of getting a used camera body years ago!
Welcome from NoVA. My K1000 was my sole camera up until 2000. I now use all manner of vintage lenses on my K10D. You're going to love your "new" camera.
05-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I just found out that my camera should arrive tomorrow, not on Wednesday. The excitement mounts. (Not to be confused with K or bayonet mounts.)