Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #1

New to Pentax forum

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I have been a proud owner of a Pentax MZ-7 with a 28-200mm Tamron lens for 10 years and now am looking to replace it with something digital.

Looking at at a K200D. If anyone has any use full tips or advice I open to reading about it.

I am enjoying all the info already form this site.

Thanks for you time,

Noel

05-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. I don't have the K200D, but most everyone here seems to like. Good luck.
05-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
Forum Member

Welcome to knowledge from around the world. Great folks and their wealth of knowledge and pointers ! I got a K200D (w/lens kit) several weeks ago. If you get one you'll not be unhappy. Take your time due to the learning curve. If you get worn out by the manual, get a Magic Lantern book, go to the library or scan the forums for help. Good luck !!!
05-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Pentax K200D is an excellent camera and would be aimed at a beginner to Digital SLR Photography and was the first Pentax I bought. After doing a Digital SLR Photography course I decided to upgrade to a Pentax K20D and couldn't be happier because of the added features. As you are no beginner I'm wondering if it wouldn't pay you to save a little more and go straight to the Pentax K20D. Just my thoughts.

Apart from that...........................Welcome to the forum.

05-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
The Pentax K200D is an excellent camera and would be aimed at a beginner to Digital SLR Photography and was the first Pentax I bought. After doing a Digital SLR Photography course I decided to upgrade to a Pentax K20D and couldn't be happier because of the added features. As you are no beginner I'm wondering if it wouldn't pay you to save a little more and go straight to the Pentax K20D. Just my thoughts.

Apart from that...........................Welcome to the forum.
I like the K20D however I have to share it with my wife who really would just keep it in AUTO and use the scene modes. From what I recall the K20D doesn't have scene modes.

Thanks for the advice. Something think about.
05-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by radar_007 Quote
I have been a proud owner of a Pentax MZ-7 with a 28-200mm Tamron lens for 10 years and now am looking to replace it with something digital.

Looking at at a K200D.
Welcome Noel!

That's funny - I have a K200D and just picked up an MZ-7! I guess we're going in opposite directions...

The K200D is an excellent body - no complaints here. I think you'll like the shake reduction. Other than that, you should feel quite at home coming from the MZ-7 - very similar controls.
05-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by radar_007 Quote
I like the K20D however I have to share it with my wife who really would just keep it in AUTO and use the scene modes. From what I recall the K20D doesn't have scene modes.

Thanks for the advice. Something think about.

Well let me give you some more to think about, I still have my K200D as a backup camera because all the lenses I have fit both cameras, now if you were to get the K200D for your wife and the K20D for yourself you could both use the lenses and both be extremely happy. So how's that for a suggestion???
05-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Noel, welcome to the forum!

05-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Well let me give you some more to think about, I still have my K200D as a backup camera because all the lenses I have fit both cameras, now if you were to get the K200D for your wife and the K20D for yourself you could both use the lenses and both be extremely happy. So how's that for a suggestion???
I see how you think!

My plan was to get her hooked on the K200D and she'll want to use it all the time and then I'll have to upgrade.

She likes the the K-M though. It's going to be a compromise.
05-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #10

Hi everybody!

I'm just introduce myself a little bit (I don't speak english too well). So, I'm a pentaxian since 2007. You can read my blog Fotofília

At this time my equipment:

Pentax K100D
SMC Pentax DA 18-55/3,5-5,6 AL
SMC Pentax DA 55-300/4-5,8 ED
SMC Pentax A 28/2,8
Helios 58/2
Tokina AT-X 90/2,5 macro
Tokina AT-X macro extender
Nikon SB-24 (yes I use a Nikon flash on a Pentax body)
O-ME53
Velbon RUP-43 monopod
Benro A-257 tripod
Benro KB-2 ballhead

In this year I will switch to a K7
05-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Welcome!! I was a diehard Fuji P&S shooter until I decided to move up to the DSLR world. I checked out the Canikon's, but was more impressed with the weatherproof body and being able use the older lenses for the Pentax. I got my K200D back in February and I love it!! It's a great starter camera.