Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hello from North Carolina

Hello all,

I am a current Nikon user, owning a D40 and an FG, along with four lenses (18-55 and 55-200 digital, 50mm 1.8 and 28mm 2.8 film/digital).

I am mostly a fine-art photographer using B&W and color film, but I also use digital for portraiture and some fine-art work. I am hoping a move to Pentax for my digital and film needs will help me expand my reach more affordably.

I've already posted in the beginners forum, but I thought I might as well introduce myself formally in the welcome forum.

Thanks!

05-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome fellow North Carolinian! (We live in the Charlotte area)

I think you'll enjoy Pentax digital gear. Come to think of it, if you're in the market, I may have a Pentax DSLR to offer you. After I decided to make the move from the Sigma SD9 back to Pentax, I purchased a K100D for my wife and a K10D soon after for myself. I've since moved to the K20D but still have the other two bodies. My original thought was to pass down the K10D to my wife and sell the K100D but my wife needs are pretty minimal so she can deal with either camera. Send me a note if you think you might be interested in either the K100D or K10D. I'm kind of short on lenses so the 18-55mm kit lens is about all I have to offer with one of the two bodies if you need a lens to go with it. I have a DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited, DA 12-24mm and a DA* 50-135mm that I intend to hang on to.

Later,
Terry
05-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Terry,

Thanks for the offer. I sent you a PM. I'm not really in the market yet, since I don't really have the money to be spending on one yet. Hopefully that will change soon, and if your K10D is still available I will give it heavy consideration.

I'm basically looking to start off with a K20D or K10D, a fast 50, a few extra batteries and a vertical grip. Later I plan on buying a few zooms, a few more primes, and either studio lights and/or small strobes.

I'm just a poor photography student at UNCC, so things like camera purchases take time for me. I don't really feel like running up a credit card to buy things :-) The flip-side is many times once I'm done saving for something, the next thing has been released and I can get that instead.
05-30-2009, 01:18 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, welcome to this forum! And succes with the transition to Pentax, I know you will like it!

07-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #5

Hey. I'll probably have a K10d coming soon as I'm thinking about going up to a K20d, but if you find a body, I have a SMC d-fa 50mm 2.8 that I'll be selling. I don't do much macro stuff as my interests are more wildlife and what not. Let me know. My brother goes to UNCC and I'm at NC State, so it'll be easy to meet up.