Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #1

Glad to be here

Hello everyone,

just registered to this forum, however I'm reading the posts for more than a year now.
I consider myself as a hobbyist photographer who hardly finds enough time to shoot.
I have a beginner level Nikon gear ATM but willing to switch to Pentax in the future.

Came here to learn from the more experienced, and to share my thoughts.

Cheers,
Attila

06-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by melon Quote
Hello everyone,

just registered to this forum, however I'm reading the posts for more than a year now.
I consider myself as a hobbyist photographer who hardly finds enough time to shoot.
I have a beginner level Nikon gear ATM but willing to switch to Pentax in the future.

Came here to learn from the more experienced, and to share my thoughts.

Cheers,
Attila

glad to have you here Attila. its nice to know that even non pentax shooters see this forum as a helpful, knowledgeable forum. have you given any thoughts to what type of pentax gear you would want? what are your reasons for a possible switch? what is appealing about pentax over nikon?

welcome to the forums.
06-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
Banned

wait a minute! would this be Attila from MFlenses forum? you have quite the collection of lenses! I am a member there as well.
06-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
Forum Member

Wellcome ! Love your pic of the DOG...

06-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
have you given any thoughts to what type of pentax gear you would want? what are your reasons for a possible switch? what is appealing about pentax over nikon?

welcome to the forums.
After playing with compact cameras for years, I always wanted to get a Pentax DSLR gear, but coudn't get the funds. I went and buy the cheapest body + kit lens one could get at the time, this was the Nikon D40 last summer. I like to play with old mf lenses (there are some M42 lenses in my family from film days), but I was too late to realize that low-end Nikons don't even meter with old manual lens attached. Too bad, m42 adapters for Nikon are a pain in the back, too.

Then I saw K10D and later K20D, and now the K7, and I am still green with envy when I read about the compatibility.
Add weather sealing on the bodies (plus the WR kit lens coming) and the value of any Pentax body, I realized I didn't make the best decision Anyway, I don't have odd feelings, this little D40 is a great camera for the money and I am happy to make pictures. I'm planning to buy Pentax gear later this year, though.

QuoteQuote:
wait a minute! would this be Attila from MFlenses forum? you have quite the collection of lenses! I am a member there as well.
No, I'm not him. Attila is a common name here in Hungary.
06-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dsodko Quote
Wellcome ! Love your pic of the DOG...
Thanks
06-03-2009, 03:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome Attila. Pentax or not, the joy of photography is what really brings us all together here. Enjoy the forum

06-03-2009, 04:55 AM   #8
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by melon Quote
After playing with compact cameras for years, I always wanted to get a Pentax DSLR gear, but coudn't get the funds. I went and buy the cheapest body + kit lens one could get at the time, this was the Nikon D40 last summer. I like to play with old mf lenses (there are some M42 lenses in my family from film days), but I was too late to realize that low-end Nikons don't even meter with old manual lens attached. Too bad, m42 adapters for Nikon are a pain in the back, too.

Then I saw K10D and later K20D, and now the K7, and I am still green with envy when I read about the compatibility.
Add weather sealing on the bodies (plus the WR kit lens coming) and the value of any Pentax body, I realized I didn't make the best decision Anyway, I don't have odd feelings, this little D40 is a great camera for the money and I am happy to make pictures. I'm planning to buy Pentax gear later this year, though.

No, I'm not him. Attila is a common name here in Hungary.
yea the K-7 has a lot of people drooling, myself included and I passed on both the K10 and 20. I will be getting the K-7 though. glad to see you like manual focus glass because you cant really do any better than the screwmount Takumar lenses.
06-03-2009, 05:21 AM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Atilla.
Lots of knowledge here, and good advice about Pentax gear too.
Hope you continue to find the forum helpful.
06-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Servusz Atilla, good to have you aboard! You're most welcome!