Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from North Idaho

Hi guys, I just got my K10D a couple of days ago and have flashed to f/w 1.11.
I used to have a Ricoh XR-P (well, I still have it:-))and have a few lenses from those days. I will probably have a few dumb questions to ask about using them with this new camera. I got started in digital 4 or 5 years ago with the Nikon 995 which is good but nothing compared to the K10D! Wow, what a camera.
I've been reading this forum for awhile and have already picked up a lot of tips and found some great info. Your guys' skill greatly exceeds mine but I hope to do this camera some justice.
I'm a fly fisherman and spend a lot of time outdoors which was the main reason which tilted me to the K10D over the K100D. The glass I own isn't great quality and would probably have fit the 100 better with it's 6 megapixel sensor but the sealed body of the K10D won me over.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks Mo for the welcome:-).
Jim G

04-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Welcome to the club. You picked fantastic camera! I love mine and seemingly everyone here loves theirs as well! Don't forget to post some shots when come back from trips! And don't worry about the glass, from what I've seen the kit and other "lower quality" lenses are still pretty darn good. I love mine
04-26-2007, 07:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, Jim. I think there are several fly fishermen too, so you'll fit right in!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Carol