Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2009, 01:49 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hi from Melbourne, Australia

As a longtime film user, mainly with Olympus OM's, I'm looking to step into the digital age. I'm still doing the research, but so far I am inclined towards the K20d. I would be interested to know how the Pentax's perform in the real world as most reviews seem biased towards the big two. I have become a bit of a collector of late with a couple of old 6x6 folders circa 1930's as well as a Spotmatic and several OM's. All still operate beautifully. My aim is to continue to shoot film as well as digital. And, I hope to learn a bit here about the Pentax digital system.

06-11-2009, 01:56 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day bessa,
The K20D's a great camera. So it doesn't have the world's most advanced AF or metering system, but easily rivals the top guns at the high-end with the quality of images it can produce coupled with top class lenses that Pentax offers.
Plus you'll be able to use all your M42 lenses on the camera...
Enjoy the forum and don't hesitate to ask questions as they arise.
06-11-2009, 04:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Bessa, looks like you'd be a proud owner of a few M42 mount lenses. They work great on the K20D using the Pentax M42 adaptor.
06-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! The K20d and Takumar, a lovely couple....!!

06-13-2009, 01:13 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, Bessa.

I agree with the others here. The new glass is good, and useful for fast picture-taking. The old glass is good, and useful for considered picture-making.