Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Big Hello from Nova Scotia!

Hey everyone!

My name is Kyle and I am very excited to join this community... I love my Pentax K100D and I am a passionate amateur photographer. I have taken several courses in regards to photography (B&W Film, Colour Film, and Photpshop) and I am always trying to learn new tricks.

I just purchased a reverse ring adapter for my FA 50mmF1.4 and can't wait to try out some crazy macro photos!

Any other East Coasters in the community?

Cheers,

Kyle

P.S. I am looking to get my hands on a fish-eye lens soon... any suggestions/help?

06-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Kyle, welcome to this forum! A fish-eye? How much money you have to spend? I have a Zenitar 16/2.8 and I like it. It's quite cheap, but you have to cope with the manual focus. Otherwise the Pentax 10-17mm is very good, I understand. What is more: it's made for modern dSLR's, so the fish-eye effect is very remarkable. The Zenitar was made for 35mm film cameras, so the fish-eye effect is only mild....
06-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey there!! I'm from Nouvelle Ecosse, AKA New Scotland etc.

Originally from Chester and Halifax. Now living In PEI. As rense says, the 10-17mm is a great lens to consider. If you think that this type of super wide shooting will only be done once in awhile, you might also consider the DA12-24mm (great lens) or the Sigma 10-20mm (many members love this one too). Both very wide but less FE distortion.

As for other members in the area. Check out and add you name to: Social group

Someday I plan to organize a shooting day were we all meet in one place.

Welcome to the forums!
06-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Kyle, welcome to the forum! I used to live but 30 odd minutes from Peter's locale in Cumberland County, NS.

The family business continues to thrive in Collingwood Corner and I lived in Oxford, NS for approx. 9 years as a kid. I sometimes miss Nova Scotia a lot!! Some day I'll head over there again. Still have cousins in the Mahone Bay area too.

I would consider both the FE and ultra-wide zoom suggestions as good options. Take care and look forward to your posts.

Regards,
Marc