Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi, new here

I am new here and to photography for that matter. Sure I have been taking pictures for a while now, but am hoping to actually know what on earth I am doing.

I am trying to figure my camera out, and I will! But until then I will be reading and learning and practicing and deleting! So far this forum has been very helpful.

I am not new to the use of forums, or the drama that seems to even happen here. I am a girl and have been on girl boards where we call it drama and I can deal with it.

I am looking forward to learn from you and hope that I can contribute to the board.

I bought a K20D last month, I know, silly I should have went with the D90 and I realize that I will need time to figure manual mode out.

06-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Hi Margarita, welcome to the forum.
Now why was it silly for you to get a K20 instead of a D90? And why would you say that on a Pentax forum? That's an open invitation for the drama that you mentioned.
06-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Hi Margarita, welcome to the forum.
Now why was it silly for you to get a K20 instead of a D90? And why would you say that on a Pentax forum? That's an open invitation for the drama that you mentioned.
Oops I forgot that some people tend to be sensitive about their equipment. LOL
I have photographers who told me I absolutely SHOULd get the D90. I have never been known to listen very well. (At least not when it does not make sense to me)
06-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Margarita.
Look forward to your contributions.
Also wondering why you would find it unwise to have a K20D instead of the D90, particularly as you've purchased one yourself.
The K20D is a very capable camera which doesn't have video capabilities as the D90.
Otherwise, I'd hazard to say the K20D's every bit the camera as the D90, with a better sensor and build.

06-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by margarita Quote
Oops I forgot that some people tend to be sensitive about their equipment. LOL
I have photographers who told me I absolutely SHOULd get the D90. I have never been known to listen very well. (At least not when it does not make sense to me)
LOL, well done for not listening.
06-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hey, I sold a D60 2 lens kit w/ an SB-600 flash that I won in a Nikon sales contest to fund my Pentax equipment! :P
Good call by going with Pentax. There are cooler and more unique lenses available for the K20D than the D90.