Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #1

hi everyone, another Ontarion here

HI everyone,
I'm new to this site as well as new to the pentax world. I have owned a pentax for a while however, but was discouraged of using it and i never did get around to it. Recently I have purchased the istdL which i am loving and learning lots about. I have the standard kit lenses right now and am currently looking for a flash at a reasonable price.

anyway, I'm also from ontario canada and just wanted to say hi!
I'm interested in doing mostly black and white candid portrait type shots, especially of kids..they really do make the greatest subjects.

Thats a bit about me, i'm here to learn more about my camera and here other's opinions on photography!

so HI everyone!

Chels

11-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Chels, and what an interesting name

There's sure a lot of Canadians here now, and I'm proud to say that I'm 1 of them.

Have fun with your camera, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the pictures
11-03-2006, 08:32 PM   #3

Original Poster
an interesting name? thats funny why do you think so?
11-03-2006, 10:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

it's just something that I've never heard

But then again I don't get out enough

11-04-2006, 03:33 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Welcome Chels,
It's always nice to meet new members. I sure you will find it interesting here.

As an istDL user myself if there is anything I can do or help you with feel free to ask. As for your flash there are a few that work well with the DL. Most are a little high in price. I found that Promaster has a very good flash in the Promaster 5750DX flash and the FTA 5000 module for Pentax AF. Both work in combination with each other and the DL. and the cost is around $140.00 US. total for both flash and module.The Promaster FTA5000 module # would be the 2708.

Again welcome aboard.
Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
11-04-2006, 03:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hi Chels and Welcome - get a comfortable seat and get ready for an enjoyable visit.

I would have to agree that the name is new to me too - unless of course it is a nik.

Maybe Adam will start a Cannuck forum there are so many of those nasty Canajians here. Just kidding Mo, things are great the way they are.
11-04-2006, 07:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Hmmmm...

Another Ontarian, eh?!

We're taking over...

Just had an idea-

What about a spot on the site where there could be a world map- then the locations of the members could be inserted on it. It would be interesting to see how PentaxForums grows to cover the globe...

Is this possible?
11-04-2006, 08:42 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've just posted a few maps in this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/649-visitor-maps.html#post4021

Enjoy

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: