Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
Forum Member

A new convert from Minolta...

Hi All,

I am one of the many Minolta people who migrated to Pentax after Minolta sold its soul (read Camera business) to the devil (read Sony).

Got a nice K100D a few weeks back and am still understanding and learning the cam. This is my first DSLR - well actually it is my second DSLR. My first DSLR was a Minolta 7D that died the second day (less than 30 shutter activations) after I bought it .... gave me another reason to abandon Minolta.

The Pentax community has been friendly and helpful when I was trying to choose between K100D vs K110D vs K10D vs DL vs D vs DS vs GX-1s vs GX-1L etc etc - you know how it is right? Anyway, I am now officially in the Pentax family. Proof? I got a bad case of LBA

Went on a rampage the past couple of weeks and bought lenses like crazy. Got my credit card statement yesterday and returned to reality with a big thud. Have to get rid of some of these lenses now (look in the sales forum for nice 16-45mm).

So far I have accumulated:

- SMC Pentax-DA 18-55 F4-5.6
- SMC Pentax-DA 16-45 F4
- Sigma 24-135 F2.8-4.5
- SMC Pentax-M 50 F1.4
- SMC Pentax-A 70-210 F1:4
- Tamron SP 70-210 F3.5 Adaptall
- Tamron SP 60-300 F3.8-5.4 Adaptall

I will have to get rid of one of the 70-210mm lens too, but I haven't made up my mind about which one to keep.

Anyways, I usually hang around on dpreview.com but am very glad to see this dedicated Pentax DSLR forum. Hope this site becomes as popular as dyxum.com is Minolta DSLR users. You will see me around here more frequently from now on.

Cheers
Teja

11-03-2006, 11:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Teja,
I'm sorry to hear about your Minolta I hope that returning it wasn't a problem.

I've never had problems with Sony, but I can understand some peoples feelings towards them. I still have my 4 year old Sony point and shoot, and plan on keeping it.
11-04-2006, 03:50 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Glad to have you aboard Teja.
I'm sure you will find the folks here friendly and helpful. I think we all know LBA here. I'll make a suggestion on the sale of your lenses. I think (and this is my opinion ) I would keep the Pentax 16-45 and sell off the Sigma 24-135 and the tammy 70-210. Your focal length ranges are mostly covered from the 18-55 kit and the 16-45 along with a great 50mm prime and the better pentax A 70-210mm. If you really find you don't need the 16-45mm range then I would suggest the Pentax DA 50-200 mm. it slightly overlaps the 70-210 but being an auto focus lens and the way kids move I think you may want this one.

Well I just read your post for the sale of the 16-45 and I can see your reason (I should have looked there first,) Yes sell the 16-45 and get the 100mm macro for his you won't be unhappy

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David

Last edited by Photo Tramp; 11-04-2006 at 03:57 AM.
11-04-2006, 03:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Deja. As far as a good forum I think you're made a good decision. The fact that WE are still small (BUT GROWING) will result in faster replies to any enquiries and sharing of info.

OT

I still have my first digital, a Sony, and it still works perfectly. An Mavica MV7 - recording medium was a 3.5" diskette. That's right a small disk drive built right-in. Those were the days of digital was only for the Internet.

I think I'm guilty of a hijack here and bow-out red-faced.