Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
miss.sara

Just dying to get my Pentax...

Hey everyone! I'm new here. I've been researching different cameras for over a year now, and I find the Pentax cams are the ones I keep coming back to.

I've been using DSLRs for 5 years now, or so, and currently I have a Canon 300D (which I'm trying to sell, to buy my Pentax KM). I know, I know... it was given to me as a gift by an ex, and it was the first one I've ever owned. But I never cared for Canon, or Nikon... I always wanted something different. I've been drooling over the newer Pentax DSLRs for a while now (especially the K10D, but I can't afford that yet!).

So ... do any of you (around Kitchener/Waterloo, On) happen to know any Canon enthusiasts that might want to buy my 300D (or even trade for an older Pentax DSLR)? I've posted on Kijiji and I'm not having much luck.

Anyways, whenever I'm able to get my pretty pretty Pentax, I'll start posting more. Until then, I'm green with envy over all of you who already own yours. Cheers!

06-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
welcome miss sara. honestly speaking, I dont know if the 300d is that saleable in the market right now, unless you drop it for 200 something.
06-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #3

Hi,and welcome to the forum.I noticed that your preference is the KM or k10d.Try checking prices on the k200d.You might be able to find one at a good price.
06-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Sara.
Welcome and great choice in the K-m/K10D.
You'll be surprised how cheap a second hand K10D goes for... check out this forum's marketplace for some that are on sale at the moment...

Otherwise, the K20D on the marketplace is also a great choice

06-27-2009, 02:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I sold my k10d cheap. I should have kept it. LOL.

Welcome to the forum
06-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
miss.sara

Thanks for all your support, guys. That's really kind of you.

I've been checking out the marketplace, but honestly I'm a bit nervous buying online. I tried it once and was scammed.
06-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by miss.sara Quote
Thanks for all your support, guys. That's really kind of you.

I've been checking out the marketplace, but honestly I'm a bit nervous buying online. I tried it once and was scammed.
hi miss sara. try asking some of the oldies around here. I think they would be more willing to lend you a helping hand as to buying equipment. ask Peter Zack. I think he got something up for sale that you might need.