Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello All!

Not my first post on the forum, I joined the day I found it, but thought I would say hey and ask a question.

Just joined in the last two weeks and I have been noticing the term "LBA", it was even used in reply to one of my posts. What the heck is "LBA"?????

11-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think is stands for Lens Buying Addiction

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-05-2006, 09:29 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks,

Thanks, MO, that makes sense and fits.

Wonderful site you have here. I will become a site supporter it soon!
11-05-2006, 11:54 AM   #4
Veteran Member

another definition of LBA

Lens Buyers Anonymous, like AA only the members encourage you in your addiction! I prefer Lens Buying Addiction myself, it's more descriptive and I think most sufferers don't need any encouragement, it's a fully self-sustaining addiction.

Julie

Disclaimer: I have bought a grand total of two lenses in the past five years or so (not counting the kit lens that came with my DL) so I'm not sure I actually suffer from this disease. But I enjoy its manifestations in others!

11-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Hi guys,
You'll know when you have LBA When:
1st. You find ways to tell your self I need that lens.

2nd. You tell others (wife) But if I had this lens I could be a better Photographer.

3rd. When you have all the Kmt., M, A, F, FA, AF, DA and screw mt. 50mm lenses ranging from f1.4, f1.7, f1.8, f2, f2.8 and the 50mm macro and still need to buy another 50mm lens.

4th You know it's bad when you need a new roof on the house and you find the Pentax D FA 600mm for only $3400.00, and buy it, and the roof would only have cost $2500.00.

5th. You know you have it bad when you tell some one you work to support your LBA habbit.

6th. When your lens list is longer than your bank statement.

I have LBA. and there is no known cure for this except to buy more lenses.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
11-05-2006, 06:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

hehehe

I am very in the same league but only 3 lenses so far. Got ordered a sigma 70-200 f2.8 as well. Aiming to conquer DFA lenses next year...
11-06-2006, 02:59 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
3rd. When you have all the Kmt., M, A, F, FA, AF, DA and screw mt. 50mm lenses ranging from f1.4, f1.7, f1.8, f2, f2.8 and the 50mm macro and still need to buy another 50mm lens.
Cheers: David
i only have the FA 50/1.4, the smc-m 50/f1.4, the smca-a 50/1.7 (two of them) and the sigma ex 50/2.8 macro and am currently following eBay auctions of those old manual lenses from porst/exacta/revuenon (50/f1.2)...
so this means, i'm definitly not suffering from LBA...
;-)
11-06-2006, 05:45 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Lba/bba

Roentarre,

Believe it or not, that was the lens I bought when I bought my *ist DS. You probably got the macro version. Let me know what you think of it. Being an old film photographer it took me a long time to learn not to use the aperture ring on the lens, but the setting in the camera. Itís been just this year that Iíve consistently achieved good results with the lens.

The tough part is not convincing me of the need for a new lens, its convincing my wife.

The 2nd excuse is what Iím using on her to justify the K10D! I guess Iím going to have to wait on the lenses if I want that new body!

11-06-2006, 05:54 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I oredered that from cameta auctions from US - a good bargain. Still waiting for it to arrive though...

It is a compromise as i hope i buy everything pentax. then i saw asad's shots posted few days ago using this lens and his photos changed my mind - Not much AF hunting i heard from this lens, it is bright and Fa 80-200/2.8 is never around for me to see it... I will post some shots after trying it out