Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Howdy, and what a Great Forum!

Greetings-

I've been reading the forum for the last week or so and what a great, friendly place for folks to meet and share information, experiences and their art!

I've been out of photography for a number of years, but was a fairly serious amateur for years, having gone through both Nikon and then Canon systems (and was lucky enough to work in a large camera store).

Now as I leap into the DSLR world I have a lot of learning to do, and am starting from scratch in the digital world. Pentax is impressive and I'm pretty sure, after assuming I'd get a 50D, that I'll get a 20D at a good price to learn on, along with a decent walk around zoom.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who I've already learned from, and I'm looking forward to participating with all of you on the forum.

Biff

07-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
Greetings-

I've been reading the forum for the last week or so and what a great, friendly place for folks to meet and share information, experiences and their art!

I've been out of photography for a number of years, but was a fairly serious amateur for years, having gone through both Nikon and then Canon systems (and was lucky enough to work in a large camera store).

Now as I leap into the DSLR world I have a lot of learning to do, and am starting from scratch in the digital world. Pentax is impressive and I'm pretty sure, after assuming I'd get a 50D, that I'll get a 20D at a good price to learn on, along with a decent walk around zoom.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who I've already learned from, and I'm looking forward to participating with all of you on the forum.

Biff
welcome to the forum Biff. participate with use now! most of us here are very open and easy going. there are even several people who use canon and nikon that participate. all are welcome my friend. pentax or not. heck, camera or not.
07-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard and we hope you enjoy your stay.
07-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
Inactive Account

welcome Biff, you will be happy w/ the K20, it is robust and a joy to use.

cheers,

Rene

07-07-2009, 05:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome Biff. The K20 is a great camera. Enjoy the forum and learning photography