Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #1

Just ordered a K20D

Hi, I'm Pete from Cleveland. Just ordered a new K20D from Amazon. I can't wait to get it and start using it. It should go great sitting on my bookshelf next to my ME and ME Super when I'm not out shooting.

07-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wise choice great camera........ and now for the glass to go with it!! Welcome to the forum.
07-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
Forum Member

Nice choice...I made the same plunge myself recently as the prices were getting too good to overlook.
07-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tojax Quote
Nice choice...I made the same plunge myself recently as the prices were getting too good to overlook.
Originally I was looking at the K10D, because there were some new ones on Amazon still for like $550. But then when the K20D went down to $699 I figured for only $150 difference the K20D is too good to pass up.

07-16-2009, 12:52 AM   #5

Just ordered my K20D also

Hi, my name is Phill and I have also just ordered a K20D with the 18-55 kit lens. This is my first foray into dslr's, coming from a long background in film. My current film slr is a K2 (70's vintage), my previous camera was a Voigtlander (50's vintage). I am quite excited about the new camera and what I should be able to do with it.
07-18-2009, 04:22 AM   #6

Hey Petey!

I'm from Northern Ohio as well!

When I was first considering getting a pentax DSLR, I marched right into the local Dodd camera store out in the burbs, and discovered that "they" didn't carry them. Well, lo and behold, I made my first trip into the Dodd camera "main" store in downtown Cleveland, and guess waht? They DO have some Pentax cameras and gear!

I really prefer dealing with the local businesses, but I am a bit miffed that the salesman at the suburban store didn't tell me that the Pentax cameras were available at the main store. I suspect that he wanted me to buy from him specifically, and since he only had other brands to sell, that was what he was going to try to do.

Anyhow, if you haven't been to the Dodd store on E. 30th, check it out the next time you get a chance. They have LOTS of kewl stuff. I'm hoping that they will get the DA40 prime less in stock soon.
07-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sew-Classic Quote

Anyhow, if you haven't been to the Dodd store on E. 30th, check it out the next time you get a chance. They have LOTS of kewl stuff. I'm hoping that they will get the DA40 prime less in stock soon.
I've been there a few times, and next time I'm back in Cleveland I'll probably check it out again. I'm in Chicago right now, and a couple of the local places here carry Pentax gear too.
07-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by PeteyJ Quote
Hi, I'm Pete from Cleveland. Just ordered a new K20D from Amazon. I can't wait to get it and start using it.
Hi Pete

I'm Matti from Hede in Northern Sweden (Scandinavia) and I'm waiting just as you....

I'm also new to the forum and also just ordered a new K20D which hopefully will arrive in two days. I used (and occasionally am using) an ME Super (which I still have) during most of the eightees but in the digital era I've used Canon for one year and then Nikon for the last five or so years. But now I've finally seen the light and sold my entire Nikon-kit and going all out Pentax

Originally I was thinking of a K7 but with the prices dropping on the K20D's it was a no-brainer....got a very good deal on a K20D with a Sigma EX 18-50/2.8...hoping they will work good together. Anyone heard any complaints on the Sigma's in general for the Pentax-system!?? The K20D is, as I understand, able to compensate for back/frontfocus of the lens so that should'nt be a problem, or....

Anyways...I'm thrilled to have found this forum and also excited soon to discover how Pentax fares in the digital field...I already know their analog stuff is brilliant

Regards / Matti

Last edited by The Photo-Vet; 07-18-2009 at 03:31 PM.
07-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by The Photo-Vet Quote
Hi Pete

I'm Matti from Hede in Northern Sweden (Scandinavia) and I'm waiting just as you....

I'm also new to the forum and also just ordered a new K20D which hopefully will arrive in two days. I used (and occasionally am using) an ME Super (which I still have) during most of the eightees but in the digital era I've used Canon for one year and then Nikon for the last five or so years. But now I've finally seen the light and sold my entire Nikon-kit and going all out Pentax

Originally I was thinking of a K7 but with the prices dropping on the K20D's it was a no-brainer....got a very good deal on a K20D with a Sigma EX 18-50/2.8...hoping they will work good together. Anyone heard any complaints on the Sigma's in general for the Pentax-system!?? The K20D is, as I understand, able to compensate for back/frontfocus of the lens so that should'nt be a problem, or....

Anyways...I'm thrilled to have found this forum and also excited soon to discover how Pentax fares in the digital field...I already know their analog stuff is brilliant

Regards / Matti
Well, I'm no longer waiting as I got it in the mail on Wednesday. You'll be happy when you get yours and start using it. I've been busy this week, so snapshots are all I've really been able to take with it to test it out, but I can already tell this thing is a beast.

The ME Super is a great camera. That's what I use when I shoot film, and I'm thrilled about that fact that I can still use the 50mm f/1.7 that came with it on my K20D. I haven't even had any problems metering with it yet.