Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2009, 06:50 AM   #1

Cheers from Ontario, Canada

Wanting to venture into the DSLR world I just purchased a K10D body recently. I ended up ordering a new Pentax DA 18-250mm lens which has not come in yet. I have lots of time on my hands right now so I am hoping to be able to learn how to use my new camera. Hopefully I will have a basic understanding of it when I return to work in Kandahar, Afghanistan and I can take some pics there. Hence the choice of camera body (Kandahar=lots of dust) I am hoping the lens is also a good choice as it seems to be a good "all around" lens and that way I will not have to change lenses allowing for dust to get it. As I am EXTREMELY new to this I have lots to learn so I am spending my time reading and combing thru "Pentax Forums" until my lens comes in.

Derek

07-13-2009, 03:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome Derek. Enjoy using the K10D. Look forward to seeing some pics from Afghanistan.
07-13-2009, 04:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Derek, the 18-250 is a pretty versatile lens but it can be a little on the slow side. But, in saying that, it's on my K200D most of the time.

Welcome to the forum and would love to see some shots from Afghanistan.
07-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard.