Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
Forum Member

Hej from Stockholm

Well, a new Pentaxian and new forumite, all on the same day! Received my K-7 together with the DA 15/4 Limited and DA 70/2.4 Limited primes today... I've lusted for those Ltd primes for a couple of years but so far haven't found a body I felt could truly match them (some people here might consider me an idiot for that statement but I stick by it).

I plan on using my new setup mostly for landscapes but hope to get more into street photography now that I have a camera that won't immediately alert people! Apart from that, I also do a bit of underwater photography, with a Sea & Sea DX-2G (same as Ricoh GX200), another true "photographer's camera"!

The K-7 will go with me to Malta for a two week vacation on Thursday (mostly diving though), so hopefully I'll be able to contribute something either in terms of tech talk or actual images upon my return.

Happy to be here!

Thomas

07-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Happy to have you here, Thomas.

Your new K-7 and lens kit is a spectacular way to dive into Pentax photography. We'll all be interested to have your comments on them, particularly those of us who are waiting to upgrade.

Welcome to you, from Down Under.

Rob
07-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind welcome, Rob!

I have high hopes in the system, the 15 and 70 are expensive, that's for sure, but those (equiv) focal lengths are my favourites for landscapes so they seemed kind of obvious. Will be adding the 35/2.8 this fall as I'm a bit of a sucker for the old 50mm...

I guess what will be most interesting to me is to what extent this camera will deliver compared to the D700 I used previously (too much money invested, had to sell...). My guess is I will be able to get the exact same shots apart from the odd extreme ISO shot. Good thing landscapes don't move around too much.
07-16-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Thomas. Have a great holiday and we hope to see some of your pics on your return. Enjoy the forum and Pentax