Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2009, 12:44 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Sydney too!

Hi, fellow Pentaxians. Geez, I love saying that "Pentaxian"! I'm so glad that there are so many fellow like-minded Pentaxians who know what they are talking about. I got mind unconsciously - it was a K100D and I still have it. I only recently took a class to get to know my DLSR properly and when I finished, I was so fired up, so inspired. Does anyone else feel that way? I hope to meet up with some of you around the way.

Roms

07-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forum Roms.
Canonians get fired up, we Pentaxians just get pent up.
07-16-2009, 01:14 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, pented but not taxed.
Welcome Roms.
07-16-2009, 06:54 AM   #4

Hi fellow Australian/Pentaxian

It would appear that Pentax owners are a little eccentric. I recently ordered a K20D but before I did, I researched a lot and checked out the camera shops. One manager/owner put it precisely by saying that the Pentax to the camera world was like the VW of the automotive world. He was trying to sell me a Nikon or Canon and little did he realise that I was a VW owner and like swimming upstream when everyone else is swimming down. Besides that, they stack up well against the cannikons.

07-17-2009, 03:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome Roms. Enjoy using Pentax and being a member of the forum.
07-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #6

no offense intended

I hope my comment in my previous post did not offend anyone. ("Pentax owners appear a little eccentric"). It was intended as a complement. I think it is a noble trait and I don't mind standing out from the crowd of Canon and Nikon owners.

Phill
07-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brew Quote
I hope my comment in my previous post did not offend anyone. ("Pentax owners appear a little eccentric"). It was intended as a complement. I think it is a noble trait and I don't mind standing out from the crowd of Canon and Nikon owners.

Phill
Hey Phill,

No offense taken. I'd like to think of myself too as a bit eccentric, which is why I went against the grain. I have a couple of friends, one who works with Canon and he is himslef a film SLR user, converted to DSLR but I didn't feel compfortable with Canon (I think the photocopier brand thing is what turns me off) , but I always felt Pentax was a solid camera brand - heck my Dad had one and it still works! I agree, it is a noble trait and I do love standing out from the CaNickonions too! One day I will post up my photos onto the gallery.... in due time.
07-20-2009, 11:51 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
By all means, take your time, mate. There's no hurry here and no pressure to show and tell. Have a good look around. You'll find swags of Aussies here and lots of others who, if they don't understand us, at least tolerate us. We're all Pentaxians, proud and eccentric indeed. Some of us are quite barking mad. You'll also find a tremendous, serious depth of knowledge, freely shared, which makes this one of the best places to hang out on the net.
Pull up a chair, grab a beer and make yourself at home.

07-21-2009, 01:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Barking Mad!?!? sure, that's me. I'm in sydney too. Welcome!

I started with a k100d and still have it..... it only went to the cupboard a few weeks ago when the k7 arrived. BTW, the k100d rocks! I suggest that if you want to learn it just 'make' yourself take a least a few pictures every day. At lunch, in the dark in the yard, who cares. It's only to learn the skills, then when you want to shoot something nicely you will be far better equipped.

mike
07-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by brew Quote

Phill
Hear hear....