Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks very much for the comments on the photos I attached.

Both of the umbrella shots are in full colour, but with the right light and a few minor tweaks in processing you can really get a good contrast between bright colour and lack of colour.

07-21-2009, 03:39 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If you are interested I have posted a handful of images in the online user gallery.
07-28-2009, 02:36 AM   #18

Wonderful images. Welcome to the forum.
07-28-2009, 02:46 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These are superb shots !
Welcome to the forum, it is a lot of fun.
Interesting studies as well. I myself am doing History combined with sport sciences.

Iím on my way to pick-up an enlargement of a Newman picture.
I wish I could have got it from when his work was in town. But couldnít get that picture, so Iíve found it necessary to scan it myself.
Looking forward to your work, and reading up on your progress in photography.

07-29-2009, 03:47 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CWyatt Quote
If you are interested I have posted a handful of images in the online user gallery.
Excellent series! I've put a comment under the shot of Mowbray St.
07-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #21

Welcome Camus to the forum.

Like you, I am a newbie, but what held my interest in your post is your location and of course your sample images.

I am flying to New Zealand on the 10th of August to Wanaka for a week's snowboarding holiday but I was hoping to find some time in between to take some nice landscape photos. Whereabouts in NZ do you hail from?

Cheers :-)
07-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MacRider71 Quote
I am flying to New Zealand on the 10th of August to Wanaka for a week's snowboarding holiday but I was hoping to find some time in between to take some nice landscape photos. Whereabouts in NZ do you hail from?
Hi MacRider, I'm living in Wellington at the moment. The majority of my shots are from here around here, and the Wairarapa which is on the lower East Coast of the North Island.

I've only been south that way once (hopefully heading back before too long) but I can definitely say that central Otago is one of the most spectacular places in the country. Then there's also Fiordland down there. You might want to check access and weather in the winter.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL:
Iím on my way to pick-up an enlargement of a Newman picture.
I wish I could have got it from when his work was in town. But couldnít get that picture, so Iíve found it necessary to scan it myself.
Looking forward to your work, and reading up on your progress in photography.
I'm surprised that let you print it due to copyrights but that's excellent, which shot did you print?
07-30-2009, 03:00 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I'm surprised that let you print it due to copyrights but that's excellent, which shot did you print?

I was surprised myself.
I would have loved it poster size, from when the exhibition was in Denmark, but it wasn't possible to buy.

The photo I had printed in A3 size, is this one of Marilyn Monroe :

07-30-2009, 03:32 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice one, how did it come out A3? Newman is brilliant, this photo is simply beautiful composition: http://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/1.jpg

One of my favourites. I came across it as the first photo displayed in Andreas Feininger's Principles of Composition.
07-30-2009, 04:15 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you for posting your wonderful photos, and welcome to the forums! I think that plenty of us are looking forward to learning from you as well
07-30-2009, 04:41 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Nice one, how did it come out A3? Newman is brilliant, this photo is simply beautiful composition: http://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/1.jpg

One of my favourites. I came across it as the first photo displayed in Andreas Feininger's Principles of Composition.
It came out way better than I expected. But a friend of mine had made a high quality scan, so that might have helped out.
It might have been better, had I printed it by him as well. Sometimes Print shops, tend to crop what is on the negative / (or your digital original). So I've lost some of the top and bottom. But it is still good.

Newmann have so many great pictures. I was very happy to see his exhibition. (The Stravinsky btw. could be bought in big poster size at the exhibition).

I also really like this one of JFK : (5th from the top)
Enjoy Superb in the world with glinn
07-30-2009, 05:01 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Newmann have so many great pictures. I was very happy to see his exhibition. (The Stravinsky btw. could be bought in big poster size at the exhibition).
If anyone has access to this poster please do buy it! I will buy it off you. I am really glad this photo and this photographer are still circulated. His work is amazing. I agree on the JFK shot, a special one.
07-30-2009, 05:14 AM   #28

G'day cuz ... welcome ... nice opening ... keep posting.
08-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #29
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, thanks for the great introduction, also you have some stunning images there too.