Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from San Francisco

Hello all, I am officially a member now, though I have been lurking here for a while. I use Pentax cameras so of course have been getting lots of useful info here. I am now joining as I have a Pentax to sell and hope to list in the market place area of the site.

About me, well I am just a hobby photographer. I use Pentax and the 50mm 1.4 is my fav Pentax thing of all times, though I try lately not to use it for everything. I keep my photos at Zooomr, Flickr and JPG (there are links to all in my profile and my signature) and am also active in the DPS forums.

Not sure I will be of any help to anyone here, as I am no expert with my Pentax gear, but well here I am

Thanks for all the info I have leached recently.

j

07-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome J, yet another bay area person.
I had a quick look through your blog, quite an enjoyable read. The snippet of song in your latest entry, I like it, something one might expect to hear throughout an indy movie.
07-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hey Mr. Brit, thanks and wow, that is the last thing I would have expected folks to look at, as it is not really a photo blog. I try to do some writing there, and ,as you found, a bit of music. I was really writing a lot of music for a while and getting it recorded (just to contribute some CC Licensed stuff for folks to use on youtube for their home videos etc.) but I start taking lessons to get a bit more serious with music and just have stopped recording I gotta get back to doing that. I have also just written a new short story that I am editing for the site. Will not be related to bicycles at all, which is a change for me.

BTW, I took a look at your photos and really like your clouds coming over the bay work. Some look very otherworldly. We are lucky here in the bay to get those fog banks (except when they come in on our 4th of July BBQs etc.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Welcome J, yet another bay area person.
I had a quick look through your blog, quite an enjoyable read. The snippet of song in your latest entry, I like it, something one might expect to hear throughout an indy movie.
07-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Thanks for looking at my gallery stuff, I'm glad you like some of it.
Call me Gary by the way, it's in my sig.

07-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome and like Gary enjoyed reading through you blog and looking at some of your photo's. They are good! JIM
07-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks Gary and Jim. This is the first forum I have joined that had someone read my blog(s) like that. I am active on DPS and TDPRI (Telecaster guitar forum) and if I do not post direct links for something or other in a discussion, then just nobody ever looked. It is great. Thanks again. I am actively adding to the Technical blog that I moved all my tech posts from the mail blog to and I am actually about ready to post a new story (my best so far I think) to the music/writing/photos blog. Having someone actually look at that also helps to get me fired up to do more there.

@Gary: I see that you have the 16-50mm Pentax lens. I have the 16-45. Have you used both? Do you think the difference is worth the price increase? I know that 2.8 is a lot larger than 4.0 so low light work is probably a bit better, and doesn't it have that super sonic motor thing in the lense? Is that really good? Just curious to hear from a real human who actually has the thing, in place of reading the sales pitchs or possible sponsored reviews.

Thanks

j

j
07-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by jays0n Quote
Thanks Gary and Jim. This is the first forum I have joined that had someone read my blog(s) like that. I am active on DPS and TDPRI (Telecaster guitar forum) and if I do not post direct links for something or other in a discussion, then just nobody ever looked. It is great. Thanks again. I am actively adding to the Technical blog that I moved all my tech posts from the mail blog to and I am actually about ready to post a new story (my best so far I think) to the music/writing/photos blog. Having someone actually look at that also helps to get me fired up to do more there.

@Gary: I see that you have the 16-50mm Pentax lens. I have the 16-45. Have you used both? Do you think the difference is worth the price increase? I know that 2.8 is a lot larger than 4.0 so low light work is probably a bit better, and doesn't it have that super sonic motor thing in the lense? Is that really good? Just curious to hear from a real human who actually has the thing, in place of reading the sales pitchs or possible sponsored reviews.

Thanks

j

j

I don't have the 16-50, dunno where you got that misinformation from.
07-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #8

Original Poster
AAAhhhhh! Was Jim, it is in his sig. I cant get it together this week it seems.

07-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #9
Forum Member

Welcome. Having some trouble getting above the fog these last few days. Ugh.
07-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
Igilligan

Howdy and welcome Jayson.

Wow I like the tasty guitar work. Do you play around SF? I sang in bands in the city for about 15 years... best times of my life up on some poorly lit stage.

Are you actually in SF? If so what part of the city? It is time for another SF meet-up so I hope you would be a part of it, if we actually get together.