Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #1

Ahoy hoy from Toronto

Greetings there, I recently got into the world of Pentax not by getting a camera, but two! I bought around a month ago a K200d and also got as a gift from my uncle his old Super Me. The latter sadly doesn't really work though.

I am 27 and live in Toronto, in the strange beautiful land of Canada and I am pretty new to the whole photography world and trying to learn and whatnot.

My newb gear is the kit lens, the DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED and the M 50mm F2 (yes, not one but two kit lenses!).

Just wanted to say that this site was a huge help deciding for what is now my first SLR and that's really appreciated.

Cheers

07-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the K200.
If you want to get your ME fixed up, this is the place to send it; Home
07-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

we have a meetup this weekend if you're interested https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/gatherings-events-photo-trips/67020-toron...july-26th.html
and if you can't make it, join the group in my sig and i can keep you informed
07-22-2009, 02:34 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time with us.

07-22-2009, 07:25 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcoming.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
If you want to get your ME fixed up, this is the place to send it; Home
That looks interesting. I will definitely consider it, although he mentions he charges 68 for the repair of Super MEs. I was thinking maybe I could get one in working order for probably less than that, although maybe it'd be a better idea to just send this one and be done with it.

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
we have a meetup this weekend if you're interested https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/gatherings-events-photo-trips/67020-toron...july-26th.html
and if you can't make it, join the group in my sig and i can keep you informed
That looks really interesting, I am pretty new though, is it still okay for beginners to hang around that kind of trip? I really am still learning. I got my camera a month ago but I was so busy I actually didn't start using it until last week.
07-22-2009, 07:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by betamax Quote
That looks really interesting, I am pretty new though, is it still okay for beginners to hang around that kind of trip? I really am still learning. I got my camera a month ago but I was so busy I actually didn't start using it until last week.
doesn't really matter, there's a good mix of gear talk, taking pictures and chilling out.