Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from the NL

Hello

Well, I've been shooting analog with a Ricoh KR-5 for many years, but since I work a lot with the Internet I wanted a digital camera. I went for a rugged Olympus point-n-shoot because I liked the fact that I could easily carry it with me wherever I went. But, go figure, I ended up missing the image quality, speed and control an SLR provides. I was planning to go for Nikon but found that most of their cameras (except the very high end) felt plasticy. I was looking for something with the solid feel of my old Ricoh. Then someone pointed me in the direction of Pentax and I am still grateful

Got a Pentax K20D with a kit lens. Recently bought a 50mm macro and a 50mm 1.7 for speed Also got a Nikon flash for some off-camera strobist stuff.

Been lurking here for a while... first for the excellent lens review database and then the rest of the forum for fun & education.

07-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, happy to have you with us.
07-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Forum Member

I used a Ricoh XR-P for years...and actually still have it. They are very well made cameras. I've had the K20D for about a month now and am very impressed so far.
07-23-2009, 02:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Scrib Quote
Hello

Got a Pentax K20D with a kit lens. Recently bought a 50mm macro and a 50mm 1.7 for speed Also got a Nikon flash for some off-camera strobist stuff.

Been lurking here for a while... first for the excellent lens review database and then the rest of the forum for fun & education.
Welcome! Good to have more fellow-Dutchies in here. You'll love the 50mm/F1.7, it's a wonderful lens.

Mike
(doet de groetjes)

07-23-2009, 05:31 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tojax Quote
I used a Ricoh XR-P for years...and actually still have it. They are very well made cameras.
Yeah, I still have my KR-5 as well. Don't think I'll ever throw it away.

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Welcome! Good to have more fellow-Dutchies in here.
Ah, we Dutchies are all over the Internet When I posted in this introductions subforum I noticed 1) that there are quite a lot of new members every day 2) there are a couple of other Dutchies among them.
07-23-2009, 06:30 AM   #6
Forum Member

I may get the XR-P cleaned and see how well it still works.

Post some pics with the new K20D when you can. I'm heading out to Garden of the Gods soon to see how the new camera and lens work today.