Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another newbie from the Netherlands

I'm fairly new to the world of photography and DSLR's, but I've been reading a lot here lately and found the info on your forum most helpful! Since I first started reading here, I've bought a Pentax 55-300, a Tamron 28-200 (erm, maybe not the best buy but will do nicely for our holidays), a Raynox DMC250 and tomorrow I should receive a Metz 48 AF1 flash. The camera I have is a K100D Super and a few more lenses. Nothing special apart from the A 1.7 50mm which I reallly like but the manual focussing takes some getting used to.

If and when I understand all of the K100DS's secrets I intend to buy a K20D. However, that won't be for quite some time, 'cause I have a long way to go and besides: all the photography money is gone and needs building up again.

I'm more of a reader than a poster, so you probably won't be reading me very often. Even less so over the next few weeks as we'll be leaving on holiday within the next ten days or so.

Anyway, just thought I'd register if only to be able to say thank you every now and again for helpful advice and beautiful pix!

Last edited by lidy; 07-24-2009 at 08:33 AM.
07-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hey there & welcome
07-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Hi Lidy, I have the K100 as well, not the super, it is great, IQ is impeccable but the K20 is much better, the interface is a joy to use. Welcome and enjoy the forum.

cheers,

Rene
07-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I hope you get all the help you need here.

07-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Hey Lidy, welcome to this forum (too )!
07-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Big thanks to everyone who reacted to my intro. Will try to post some pictures soon!
07-28-2009, 01:16 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome, mate. I also have the K100DS and it does a great job. Really, don't ever feel pressured to upgrade unless you find yourself running out of megapixels because of heavy cropping or printing giant posters. Your K100 will serve you well for a long time. The important thing is to become a good photographer and take the kind of photos that give you and your family pleasure.
07-28-2009, 01:40 AM   #8
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from me too, and enjoy the forum's content.
Once in a while do check in to post some of your scenes from Holland (never been there before!).

07-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you Wombat and Ash!

I don't think I'll part with the K100DS soon, although I've been told that manual focusing is quite a bit easier with a K10D/20D 'cause of the larger viewfinder and that would definitely be a plus!
At the moment I'm still thoroughly enjoying the wonders of this particular DSLR and trying to learn everything about shutter times, apertures, ISO etc. etc. These forums really are a treasure trove to me. I find myself reading and trying to absorb useful info and tips for hours on end!

Will try and post some pictures of our country Ash, but as we're leaving for France in a few days that'll have to wait a bit. Anyway, be prepared for a shock: our country is flat as in FLAT! My English hubby's never really got used to it I think, not even after having lived here for some 25 years. A little while ago I met another Brit who's been here since January and when I asked him whether he liked being here, he said: 'Yeah, I like it, but it being so flat, makes me feel homesick.' He's not considering going back to England though, so other things must be making up for the lack of highs and lows in the landscape.