Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #1

Hello from Germany

Hello,

i'm new to this forum. My name is Michael, i'm from Bavaria and 26 years old. Before i got my Pentax equipment i used an Olympus E-510 for about 9 months but wasn't so happy with it - to small for my big hands, small viewfinder,....

In April this year i sold the Olympus Equipment and bought a K20D and have to say i'm very happy with it. Last week i got myself a used *ist DS (not so happy with that yet...maybe have to find out how the camera "wants to be treated" if you know what i mean). The *ist DS should mainly be there for taking it with me when going for walks and stuff as it is not as heavy as the K20D.

I hope to have a good time here

07-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Micheal, welcome to PF! Feel free to post lots of your work....!
07-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A big Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time with us.
07-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for that nice welcome

07-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, Michael! I'm a bit down the road from you, in Hessen. I look forward to seeing the other side of Germany here
07-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum!

QuoteOriginally posted by Kine Quote
Last week i got myself a used *ist DS (not so happy with that yet...maybe have to find out how the camera "wants to be treated" if you know what i mean).
Many *ist DS owner love it. If it is the IQ (image quality) that bugs you try shooting RAW. I understand that the JPG engine in the *ist cameras wasn't as good as the recent ones.
07-27-2009, 12:58 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Welcome to the forum!

Many *ist DS owner love it. If it is the IQ (image quality) that bugs you try shooting RAW. I understand that the JPG engine in the *ist cameras wasn't as good as the recent ones.

Yes it is the image quality, many pictures are underexposed (even more than the K20D does it most of the time). Will just have to get used to it to know how much i have to manually overexpose them so i get a good result.
08-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #8

Original Poster
A little update from me: I got myself a K110D now and will sell the *ist DS for it. After the first trip with the K110 i can say i will be more happy with that than with the DS, the better display makes it much more easier to see if the picture is good or not. Already installed a split image/microprism focusing screen into the K110, that makes working with the manual lenses just sooo much easier. I'd never have thought it would be such a difference and it's only a cheap one from ebay...

And i bought an old Porst compact reflex OV, i want to try working with film too so i learn to use my brain more instead of just shooting some more pictures and then delete half of them. Bought it very cheap and i hope to get it tomorrow

08-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad your enjoying your Pentax equipment after switching over from another brand.
03-23-2010, 04:14 AM   #10

Original Poster
Hello,

time to say goodbye for me - i'm going back to Olympus. After that year with Pentax i have to say Pentax can't give me what i want. Whenever i browse through my pics the ones where i get stuck were taken with the old Olympus. I'm looking forward to my new E-620 now and wish you all a good time and many nice pics with your Pentaxes Yes, the E-620 is small, and yes, it has a small viewfinder...but it's the pics that come put which matters and Canon/Nikon/Sony don't have anything i'd like right now.

Michi
03-23-2010, 05:06 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I didn't think i'd be saying this in the welcome area.. farewell!

Have fun with the 620 Michi.