Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #1

Hello from North Carolina take 2

Hey guys. New to the forum. I'm a musician by trade, reed pit musician and bagpiper, but have gotten the photography bug. Just bought a K10D with quite a few lenses, and came here to check out some big zoom lenses. I'm a nature buff and wanted to check out some big lenses for bird stuff.
Live in Charlotte during the summer, and up in the triangle during the rest of the year.

07-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. I can't help you with the long stuff, but there are a bunch of birders here so you should be able to gets lots of help. Congrats on the new camera.
07-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard.
07-27-2009, 06:03 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome!! There is so much information in this forum for you to read. Grab a cup of coffee or beverage of your choice and I hope you enjoy your stay!

07-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #5

Original Poster
I definitely will. Already learned a bit about the long lenses. May also have to talk to some of the mods about stealing some of the formats on this forum to apply to the sax forum I'm part of. We are swamped, and it needs to be reorganized. Thanks for welcoming me, I'm stoked.
07-28-2009, 02:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from the bottom of the world. A big long lens is on my list of I-really-want-one-but-doubt-I'll-ever-be-able-to-afford-one list. As you've probably already discovered there's not much in the Pentax range beyond 300mm. I've seen some excellent results on this forum from people using 1.4 and 1.7 extenders and that may be an option if you get good quality ones. Good luck with your search. Let us know how you get on.
07-28-2009, 02:23 AM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
Hope you find what you're looking for - marketplace has been a little quiet of late, though...