Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
Inactive Account

HI!

I am Jennifer and have recently become the proud new mom of my third child - a Pentax K100! I have two biological babies that are for the most part my models and subject matter. I am new to a lot of the terminology and techie stuff, but love taking pictures!

I found this site while doing random searches for Pentax and just love reading all the great reviews of my camera. I guess you could say that I have grown up with Pentax, my dad owning a 35mm from the mid 70's that I used to "steal" and take pictures when I was as young as 10.

Great site and I hope to learn a bunch about photography and all that Pentax offers.

11-07-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Jennifer!

It is a pleasure to meet you!
I am not a pentax owner, but will soon be.
I think we have one thing in common...... I love kids as well!

If you need any help, the people on this site are awesome.

Looking forward to meeting your kids through the pics you post,

randy aka slipchuck
11-07-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Jennifer...
11-07-2006, 05:09 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here and you'll find all of us kind and helpful. Congrats on the new K100. Hope you will be posting some pictures soon. would love to see what you enjoy shooting.

Good shooting.
Cheers: David

11-07-2006, 05:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome enjoy all there is to read. Great people and information.
11-08-2006, 02:46 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hey Jennifer, welcome.

I'm not at all surprised that your dad would have had a Pentax in the 70s Pentax ruled on those days (with the exception of the N for the "Pros" and wanna be pros).

Actually I think P is trying to win back that market and the KIDs of those P owners by bringing out the K1Ds - get it?
11-08-2006, 07:11 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Hey Jennifer, welcome.

Actually I think P is trying to win back that market and the KIDs of those P owners by bringing out the K1Ds - get it?
Get it, LOL

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I must say I am a bit intimidated but I will try to find a picture or two to post!

Jennifer

11-08-2006, 07:19 PM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jennifer Quote
Get it, LOL

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I must say I am a bit intimidated but I will try to find a picture or two to post!

Jennifer
Jennifer,
Never, Never feel intimidated around here. I want you to know we all started the same way, and we have been where you are right now. We are here to answer any, and all questions. If you think it's a stupid question, remember the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Just to let you know I don't have all the answers either, and I do a lot of asking and I get alot of help from the people here. Thats what the forum is all about. If you like we're a family and we stick together even when we disagree. Just like any other familw except this family has more addicts (LBA) and we all support the sickness.

Post your shots and don't be afraid. We will tear apart your photos and let you know exactly why we like them or dislike them but never will we make fun of the person for taking the shot and asking for help.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
11-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks David, I actually just posted some. Thanks for the encouragement and words of wisdom. I am looking forward to exploring my inner photographer.
11-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Welcome Jennifer, It's all in good fun, and you can pick up some good tips in the process.
Cheers.
11-21-2006, 08:04 PM   #11
Forum Member

Welcome Jennifer - from another Atlanta K100 owner - hope to see
many great photos as you play and learn with the rest of us.

Larry
10-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I just started a new Group on the forums for Atlanta Pentaxians. Please join up and let’s build a strong Atlanta Pentaxian community!

PentaxForums.com - Atlanta Pentaxians
10-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jennifer Quote
I am Jennifer and have recently become the proud new mom of my third child - a Pentax K100! I have two biological babies that are for the most part my models and subject matter. I am new to a lot of the terminology and techie stuff, but love taking pictures!

I found this site while doing random searches for Pentax and just love reading all the great reviews of my camera. I guess you could say that I have grown up with Pentax, my dad owning a 35mm from the mid 70's that I used to "steal" and take pictures when I was as young as 10.

Great site and I hope to learn a bunch about photography and all that Pentax offers.
Your name is Jennifer and you have a Pentax? I love you! Immonna Facebook you right now.

Just kidding.

No I'm not.

Yes, I am.

Well only a little.
10-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #14
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Jennifer - for almost 3 years ago!
Who thought to bring this thread back up from the archives?