Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from Montreal, Canada

Hey there everyone.

I'm completely new here.....and I've always wanted to grow some photo skills but always lacked the money to get equipped. Recently, I decided that it was enough and started digging for a photo package that would fill my green beginner's needs.

After a couple of weeks evaluating companies and models, I my heart finally stopped on a K20D with battery grip, DA 15-88mm and P-FA 75-300mm lenses. Now, I'm minded on finding and improving skills to make stunning pictures. Yes, I've got a pretty long way to go but I'm decided to try

I'm 35, father of 2 beautiful daughters (oldest 4 years old and youngest 7 months), I'm an underground lineman for the producer and provider of electricity in my little part of the world : Quebec. I'm living near the city if Montreal (where I work) in a town named Beloeil, near the footsteps of Mont St-Hilaire and the shores of the Richelieu River.

With the little time I have left (wife, kids and work), I'll try to search and practices some pictural advices and techniques along the way.

That's pretty much IT........glad to be part of this forum and I hope to virtually meet good people and exchange (well, mostly for the others since I'm pretty green to photography ) tricks and tips.

Greetings to you all

07-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forum Martin and congratulations on the K20.
07-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, wise choice on the K20D, I'm loving mine. I'm sure you'll receive all the help you need on this forum because everyone is friendly and ready to help. Ask your questions in the Pentax Beginners Section and remember, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
07-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sage advice from my Western colleague - ask all the questions you need. One thing you'll find on this forum is that people are incredibly patient and willing to share. In due course we'll all look forward to your first pictures.

07-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Martin.
We share quite a bit together - K20D, busy day job, busy night job (being a dad), little time to enjoy taking photos, but it's all good and lots of fun...
07-28-2009, 03:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your time here. Happy shooting