Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hi, I'm Scott

Hi guys,

I'm new to the fourm. I just bought a Pentax k20d. I wouldn't say I'm brand new to photography, but I don't claim to be super experienced. I took 2 photography courses at Valdosta State University as part of my BFA. My only SLR experience to date is with a Pentax K1000 that I purchased for that class. I couldn't afford to go digital at the time (it was 2003 and I was an undergrad student), so I spent plenty of time in the dark room. I have to say that I absolutely love the idea of putting 40 year old lenses on a modern DSLR.
My K1000 was stolen in 2006 when my apartment was broken into. I'm currently pursuing an MFA in painting at the University of Florida (Go Gators!) and as I've left photography aside for a while, I'm sure this forum will be very useful in my introduction to the DSLR world.

07-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to thw forum. Congrats on the new camera and good luck in school!
07-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Scott. Based on your previous experience, I'm guessing the majority of your questions will revolve around the intricacies of the operation of your new K20. There are many people on this forum who can help you with that. Enjoy! Your artist's instincts will stand you in good stead with photography.

jimH
07-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, Scott, I just moved from Gainesville to Germany, and I still miss Sonny's and Maude's

Congrats on the new purchase!

07-29-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
That's awesome! I've heard that Berlin has one of the world's top art scenes and I'm actually considering a move there after I graduate. Maude's is pretty great, I have to agree. And you know, they have had a Sonny's in Valdosta and Tifton, so I have grown up eating at that chain. I had no idea that it all started in Gainesville until I moved here.
07-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys for the welcome!
07-30-2009, 02:22 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Hi Scott. Welcome to the Pentax family. Enjoy your time here. Happy shooting