Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2007, 06:17 PM   #1

Hello from Connecticut

Hi All,

I've been a Pentax user since I was young teenager when I bought my K1000 with a 50mm lens, which I still have along with an MX and a ZX-50. I was thrilled when I purchased my *istD and put in my order for the K10D (best camera I've ever owned) when it was announced. I also shoot with an old Mamiya C333 twin lens reflex when I want to shoot film.

I found this board today and was thrilled to find it and others who are dedicated to the Pentax camera line and the great products that they produce.

My photography subjects range from the beautiful New England landscapes as the seasons change, my family (inlcuding my silly cats) and friends and sports events. I've been doing weddings for the last two years, mostly as the second camera for the event, so while stressful I've had a lot of fun doing them.

From what I've read so far here I'm going to find this forum a great place to learn and share ideas. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Attached Images

Last edited by MShawn63; 05-09-2007 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Added Image
05-10-2007, 05:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard. You will soon find we are all a friendly bunch. Look forward to seeing your work. I am orginally from Vernon CT. myself.
05-10-2007, 05:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
what an awesome picture! Welcome to the forum, you'll find a lot of friendly, helpful people here. The ranks of New England are growing steadily. I lived in W. Hartford when I was little, but I'm in Ohio now.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Carol
05-10-2007, 08:58 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I can see that this forum will be a great place to learn, and keep up on the whole Pentax vs. Hoya drama

I'm glad you like the eagle. One of the groups I shoot with had an opportunity to shoot in a bird rehabilitation facility in CT. This eagle is 5 years old and was found in northern New England by a park ranger after he had fallen out of his nest as an eaglet. While he is healthy he has no depth perception and can no longer hunt. The rehabilitation facility will care for him for his entire life, and they use the birds to teach about wildlife and conservation in local school districts.

Have a great day.