Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi from the Rose City

Hello all! Been searching for info about my month old camera (k110d) and have learned quite a bit to keep me busy for some time. This is my first serious dabble into photography so I'm sure I'll be viewing from the sidelines most of the time as I try to absorb the vocabulary and learn which areas I want/need to learn more about. But just wanted to say thanks to those who contribute to this site.

So far, I found some k-mount lenses on craigslist from old film type SLR's. A couple lenses were on an ME and another 4 lenses were off an MX. Since I've bought these, I rarely use the kit lens... Still need to practice a bit to figure out what the strengths of each lens is, but besides considerations of "zoom", I'm not sure when to use a certain lens over others.

I'd like to post a couple pics to get some suggestions on how I could improve on technique/ post processing (using paint shop pro 11). Regardless, I'm looking forward to reading more on this site!

05-11-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad another person is getting passionate about photography. Awesome colors in that first shot! You'll find a lot of friendly, helpful people here, so jump right in!

Carol
05-11-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
thanks for your welcome!

So I'm wondering does the first pic look too colorful? and the building behind the bridge look like its overexposed maybe... just wanting a second opinion on that.

As for the second pic, the buildings seem a bit too dark to me. Perhaps I should have used a longer shutter speed? Or would that have blown out the colors in the sky?
05-15-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome - another Portlander joins the Pentax world - and makes it harder for the rest of us to find used lenses ; ).

Re: your shots - the color and light in number two look pretty close to real life - but then I'm not of an evening/night photography expert, so I don't doubt there are ways to improve.

Re: the first - it seems oversaturated to me - too bright for the river and the bridge. The following was obviously taken at a different time of day, but the bridge color seems to be truer to life for me (on my monitor) and the Willamette color seems more typical, though on brilliant sunny days it can be a deep rich blue.