Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello!

Hi everyone. Been reading the RSS feeds for a while, thought I'd finally get around to saying hello!

I've had a K100D for a couple of years now, and enjoy it immensely. Originally it was to take better photos of my son (who is now almost 3), but since then it has spread out to include pretty much everything (much to my wife's despair!).

Looking forward to picking up some tips to help me take better photos!

Tim

08-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome Tim. Don't worry about your wife, she'll come round and appreciate your hobby eventually. In the meantime, just take some of the pictures she wants you to take occasionally to keep her happy.
Another good trick is to get her involved, for example, I know several people on the forum who turn the voting for the monthly photo contest into a family affair.
08-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Tim - I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum.
With the process of learning, you'll find your techniques and skills growing, and your Mrs may come to appreciate that more!
08-04-2009, 02:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day from another Aussie and a warm welcome. I have a vague recollection of passing through Saffron Walden many years ago. Lovely part of England. I love those old English placenames. They remind me of my childhood, choofing around England in the ancient family Hillman. Post us some pics of the town.

08-05-2009, 06:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome Tim. Enjoy the forum & your photography
08-05-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

check out the photo sharing threads! there are weekly themes to help you with creativity and to help build photo skills. Can't wait to see some photos!
08-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wombat Quote
G'day from another Aussie and a warm welcome. I have a vague recollection of passing through Saffron Walden many years ago. Lovely part of England. I love those old English placenames. They remind me of my childhood, choofing around England in the ancient family Hillman. Post us some pics of the town.
Haha, funnily enough I only moved here in 2002. Prior to that I lived in my home town Hong Kong (expat dad), from where I have childhood memories of driving around in the ancient family Hillman!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone
08-11-2009, 05:50 AM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome, this tends to be a great place to pick up tips, enjoy.