Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #1

Greetings and thanks

I've been shooting digital for about 5 years now, all on a EOS Rebel body. I've recently been running into performance issues with the speed of the camera body, and decided to upgrade. After looking at the cost to move up to the next level of camera, I lost hope of an upgrade. Then, out of the blue, a friend of a friend offered to sell my his k10d. I looked over the lenses I had on the Canon, did some math (and a ton of research), and decided to take the plunge.

This forum has been more helpful to me than anything else I've seen online. I've been shooting a Pentax-M f/2.0 till my Pentax-F f/1.7 comes in the mail, and I'm stalking a few other lenses. Just wanted to say both 'hello' and 'thanks' for the amazing about of knowledge compiled here. I haven't even been a Pentax user for more than a week and I go out of my way to brag about it to my Canon and Nikon buddies.

Looking forward to finding out about more amazing lenses that I can't afford.

Matt

ps. Anyone know a fair price for a Pentax-A 400mm? I'm eying one on ebay.

08-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Hey Matt, welcome to Pentax Forums and Pentax.

Check out the reviews here: Pentax Lens Review Database - A Series Primes there should be an average price paid.

Nice username, is it ironic?
08-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A warm welcome, mate. Yes, this is the friendliest forum on the planet. Make yourself at home. There have been one or two others who have changed to Pentax recently and most seem to be very happy with the decision. As you've already discovered, you now have access to squillions of pre-digital lenses which will all work just fine on your (excellent) K10. Some of those early lenses are super quality and none of them will break the bank. Enjoy!
08-05-2009, 02:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome from the land down under and good luck with your lens choices.

08-11-2009, 04:22 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, and to Pentax Matt. Be careful about the old lenses. They get VERY addictive! When you realize that you can get a drawer ful of great older glass for the price of just one of those pricey Canon L lenses, you'll become a regular on ebay!
08-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, LBA is alive and well.
08-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome to the Penatx family and the forum.
08-15-2009, 02:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome. I hope that we are at least as informative as your former circle.

08-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome all.

@Damn Brit: The name is slightly ironic. Cooking is another hobby of mine (meat smoking specifically), and one of the popular cuts of meat to smoke is called a 'fatty'. Oddly, I've yet to get into food photography. Hmm...

@MBrannon: I read your post too late. I've already lost tons hours (and some $$) to ebay. I got my Pentax-F 1:1.7 50mm there, and recently decided to roll the dice on the Photosniper 300mm absurdity. Quite excited to try it out...along with so much more.

@geauxpez: You all have proven to be much more informative than any of my Canon friends.

Matt