Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #1

Hello From the Jersey Shore!

Hello, my name is Cherri (pronounced shuree) and I am new to the forum. I have been an avid photographer since my teen years and still love my amateur hobby. I love my Pentax cameras and was very happy to have found this site. I am a mother of three great kids that are artistic in other ways. I am passionate about photography and canine nutrition, I know an odd couple but that is me. I run a message board and site for dog nutrition, the boards is for all pets though and I enjoy that very much. I love taking photographs however and giving others' enjoyment from my photos. I have an account at Smugmug Http://www.cherri-pursell.sumgmug.com and love my landscape and nature photos the most. My animal photography is also a favorite of mine. I am owned by 3 wonderful German Shepherd Dogs and 2 beautiful Dachshunds and was just blessed with a litter of three healthy babies that are just now a week and a half old. I look forward to taking many photos of the babies once their eyes open and they begin to act like puppies do lol

Well, not sure what else I can say other than I am a born and raised Jersey girl and am glad to be here on the for forum, thank you.

Cherri

08-07-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Cherri,
Glad to have you on board and I hope you enjoy participating in this cool forum
Congrats on the litter - you'll have lots of willing subjects to shoot then!
08-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you Ash, can you help me with something? I am trying to get that image like you have in your sig in mine but am having trouble with the size of it and getting it over to the left Any advice?

Cherri
08-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum Cherri. I'm sure you will get the answer to many of your questions on this forum. Many knowlegeable people here. I know they have helped me a lot. You might want to talk to Adam the site administrator about getting a graphic for your signature line.

08-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #5

Hi there, Cherri--I'm not on this forum very often but I'm at the Shore right now, Loveladies on LBI to be exact. riding around the island on my bike, shooting Kodachrome in an ME Super with FA31 Limited. The Shore is great. Welcome on board.
08-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome, Cherri. Mabelsound has just answered the question I was going to ask you, viz. whether you're from Jersey America or Jersey in the Channel Islands.
My wife and I are aunt and uncle to a giant Inspector Rex lookalike who lives a couple of doors up. When his slaves go away for a few days we get to look after him. The only thing I hate is when we take him for a swim and he gets in the back of my van and shakes himself - salty water everywhere and a distinct odour of wet dog. I'm sure you're familiar with that!
Looking forward to seeing some of your pics.
08-11-2009, 03:09 AM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welome to the forum, you'll need to post a picture of all your owners especially the new wee ones.
08-11-2009, 04:09 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Cherri, I used to have a Dachshund several years ago (named Sparky). Boy, he was a real handful! When I decided to go back to school, I had to find him a new home. That was tough. I really miss that little guy. Congratulations on the litter. Once they're up and running around, you'll be the one with your hands full! I think you'll find lots of others on here that share your love of photography, both digital and film.

About the avatar pic, there is a size limit of 80x80 pixels. That may be where you're having issues. Whatever pic you decide to use, you may have to resize it in whatever editing program you use. Once it's 80x80 or smaller, it should work.

08-11-2009, 06:40 AM   #9
Veteran Member

So just which part of the Jersey shore are you located? North, Central, South?
08-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #10
Forum Member

Welcome to the forum.

I was hoping to see pictures of the dogs on the link and wasn't able to see anything there except for the main page.
08-11-2009, 07:18 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Are you located anywhere near this?

We've got family in Elizabeth NJ, and we always go down to the water to photograph the Manhattan Skyline and other attractions on the Jersey side.